Make a difference

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
There is so much negativity in the world today, my mind set is if you an make a difference and raise a smile, then that's a plus point in life.

Even if it's just a little thing you do on the forum , then that's a start, there are tooo many things going on in the world that are negative, so anything you can do, no matter how small, if it raises a s smile, it's worth it in my book

In this collecting world there is so much going on where pricing drives people, you know what, if you have something in your collection, that's doesn't fit and another collector can benefit from it for their collection, then let it go. Life is too short, money's not the be all and end all smiling and feelin good is

Sorry if I'm coming over patronising that's not the reason for the post, feelgood is :D

UKS

Jedi Knight
Collecting MOC figures is giving me serious joy at the moment.

It's funny how I have resisted for YEARS, (having completed a loose collection back in the mid nineties!), but now with kids and the world being a bit all over the place, something as little as childhood memories is giving me just a bit of pleasure.

(I imagine this joy will fade as I head towards the more expensive figures!)

tigerham

Sith Lord
Michael Sith said:
my mind set is if you an make a difference and raise a smile

Everyday my friend. :)

It's a pleasure and a privilege to be living on this planet and I appreciate every minute.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
UKS said:
Collecting MOC figures is giving me serious joy at the moment.

It's funny how I have resisted for YEARS, (having completed a loose collection back in the mid nineties!), but now with kids and the world being a bit all over the place, something as little as childhood memories is giving me just a bit of pleasure.

(I imagine this joy will fade as I head towards the more expensive figures!)

That's it in a nutshell, childhood memories making you feel good, you have to take the positives where you find them in life, it's different positives for different people, but believe me they are there! There is so much negativity in te world, it's up to yoou to find your positives, if that spills over and brings positivity to others, then that's a bonus and all good.

I'm lucky, have a great family which is the basis for verything for me. Try and do the best you c an, if that helps others, then great, that's my philoosophy ...believe me I m not trying to come over as all goody goody, just think that if we all look at ourselves first, do the best we can, then hey presto, there are more smiles out there, come on that can't be a bad thing, can it?

Any way hopefully not coming accross as patronising or cheesy just really. Fed up with all the crap in life and would like more smiles :D

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
tigerham said:
Michael Sith said:

It's a pleasure and a privilege to be living on this planet and I appreciate every minute.

I hear you bud :) Appreciate what you have and if you can share the joy with others, right I will get back in my box now :oops:

tigerham

Sith Lord
Michael Sith said:
tigerham said:
Michael Sith said:

I hear you bud :) Appreciate what you have and if you can share the joy with others, right I will get back in my box now :oops:

You've a good heart Michael. As it's been said before, never change being kind just because others aren't. :)

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
tigerham said:
Michael Sith said:
tigerham said:

You've a good heart Michael. As it's been said before, never change being kind just because others aren't. :)

Back at you my friend :D we can all make a difference, just need to do it not think it :)

tigerham

Sith Lord
Michael Sith said:
tigerham said:
Michael Sith said:

Back at you my friend :D we can all make a difference, just need to do it not think it :)

Exactly, actions speak louder than words. :wink:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
You been on the Brandy Micheal? :lol:

Only joking and well said. I agree completely.

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Michael Sith said:
There is so much negativity in the world today, my mind set is if you an make a difference and raise a smile, then that's a plus point in life.

Even if it's just a little thing you do on the forum , then that's a start, there are tooo many things going on in the world that are negative, so anything you can do, no matter how small, if it raises a s smile, it's worth it in my book
Great post mate.

It's the way I try to live my life. If I can do something for someone that doesn't put me out much then I'm more than happy to do it. Knowing you've raised a smile or helped someone out is a great feeling, especially when you can see the gratitude on people's faces.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Many forget that great feeling you have when you gain something for the collection is no better that the glowing feeling you get inside knowing you have made someone else happy, I try my best to make someone smile each & every day,if you achieve that it was a good day, it's not SW related but just had a nice message of a vape friend who I chat to all the time thanking me for the below which she sent an image back of, it's was obvious she was really happy which made my day.

It's not difficult, just remember - it's nice to nice for no other reason.

steph.jpg

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Spot on Frank :D nice to be nice for no other reason. Cup of tea, nice bit of home made preserve on toast, a vape and porcini for dinner 8) 8) theres a day of smiles :D

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Great post -

Been collecting for years and have tracked down many many items that I love but looking at my collection it's the history/interaction with other collectors that makes me smile. So many happy memories that easily drown out all the stupid stuff that's going on in the world. Some seriously top blokes on this forum 8)

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
db94 said:
Great post -

Been collecting for years and have tracked down many many items that I love but looking at my collection it's the history/interaction with other collectors that makes me smile. So many happy memories that easily drown out all the stupid stuff that's going on in the world. Some seriously top blokes on this forum 8)

Oh and if anyone wants to feel the joy that comes from gifting a 12 back Palitoy R2 please just drop me a pm :D :D :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom