THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 58 LAUNCHED

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
fb.jpg

With Star Wars Celebration in Chicago on the horizon the TVR team mash up a normal feeling show with Celebration.

In place of an interview this month we have a Celebration Roundtable where Chris Fawcett, Ron Salvatore and Chris Georgoulias join Stuart and Richard to talk Chicago, Collecting Track, Star Tots and previous Celebrations amongst many other topics, Ron also relays a wonderful story of a rocket firing Fett, David Mandel and a random passing Stormtrooper!!!

Richard looks at this years Collecting track in Rebel Briefings but is also joined by Matt George, Gary Borbridge and Stephen Ward for a fascinating look at their new book 'Engineering an Empire', and trust me, after hearing these three discuss it you'll be ordering it there and then!

Jez returns to England to host a mammoth Newest Acquisitions segment where he looks at a host of great purchases from knock off Jabba pipes and ESB Paperweights through to Greek Han Solo blasters with so much awesome stuff in between. The team end the section as always with a focus item, this month something the whole crew adore as they delve into the Taun Taun and Ron from the Vintage Alliance drops by for a second time in the show to give it that extra information.

Pete continues the love for the Taun Taun in Beyond the Newest Acquisitions, he looks at Lee Wards, Craftmaster and Sigma amongst other items before delivering his popular tracker top five on the hottest Taun Taun items.

As well as all this we look at other stories in the hobby, quiz hosted by Jez so obviously that's an extended section! Plus a better look at Celebration where Jez gets Uppity about a title for episode 9 leak.

All this plus much much more!!!

Enjoy the Show!!!

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Brilliant timing, got some traveling to do this weekend, this will be a great companion I'm sure.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
And I was just wondering when we'd be hearing the dulcet tones of the TVR crew next. Fantastic!

I was thinking I might save up the next couple of episodes for an upcoming long haul flight....but I cannie resist! Get in! :D

Palifan

Sith Lord
Another cracking episode guys and some great stories from Celebration past. I'm sure you're going to have a great time out in Chicago and can't wait to hear what you all got up to on next months show. Nice to have Jez back as well all safe on home soil and I'm glad my Palitoy Chewbacca made it safely to him ( at least i know he'll be well cared for :D ).

Safe trip to you all for next month and thanks as ever for giving me such a good listen each month.

Ian

spoons

Grand Master
Too long even for a return trip to Durham, 2/3 of the way in...

Good stuff so far, the SW Hyperspace reference jogged a long forgotten memory. My dad signed me up to that, but I don't think my membership lasted beyond a year

The first time I've been able to answer a few quiz questions too - surprised by the teams lack of blaster knowledge

And great to hear Frank's knowledge and hard work celebrated, he has done the community a massive favour and got a lot of flak for it. Now on to the next two hours

And have a great time in Chicago, very jealous!

Plastikheld

Jedi Knight
Another fantstic episode guys. One can feel your excitement for upcoming celebration.
The Interview with Chris G., Chris F. and Ron S. was pure fun to listen. That's what's it all about those events - those special feeling. Never did one of the early Celebrations (tbh Chicago is my fist one in the US), but I remember my first big event Jedi-Con in Munich back in 1997. Although it was also in Germany it was an 8 hour ride down to Bavaria. Sleeping outside in the car while it was snowing, cause we did not want spent too much money on a hotel room - just for toys and beer. The crate we brought with us, lasted just a few hours. This was raw fandom, but great fun.

As spoons mentioned, I also can remeber the Hyperspace membership. Damn, that was crap, but hey - not everybody got those "exclusive" pictures with that fancy Hyperspace-Logo on it.

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Thanks guys for another great listen.

The Celebration chat got the excitement building, I wish I could make it this year, I hope all who are going have a fantastic time. I've been to the two previous London Celebrations and both were amazing experiences. The panels, displays, booths, guests etc are all great, but it's the atmosphere that stands out, it's just so fantastic to be surrounded by so many like minded people. You really can just strike up a conversation with anyone.

On the subject of Hyperspace, I was a member just once, I joined in 2007 solely to be able to access the Fan Club lounge at Celebration Europe. It wasn't very well publicised, but several times during the weekend they had arranged for crew members to be in the lounge to chat. It was great to have up close and personal time with the likes of Robert Watts, Norman Reynolds, Lorne Peterson and others, they were all really amazing to talk to and had some great tales to tell.

I'm glad my Tauntaun acquisition prompted a good discussion about the Hoth snow lizards, the toy has always been a favourite of mine and it was an enjoyable listen. For my contribution to Beyond the Newest Acquisitions I'd like to offer up these, an Icarus placemat, and a Lyons Maid lolly wrapper. Snaffle snaffle!

2019-04-01 20.07.20.jpg

Thanks again guys and I'm looking forward to hearing the Celebration stories in the next episode.

Gadders

Padawan
Another great episode, guys.
Loved the chat about Tauntauns, and the interview with the Engineering an Empire guys - I've now ordered the book :)

Got to admit, I skipped all the celebration stuff as I have zero interest in celebration... although am looking forward to hearing all about your purchases made whilst there.

Some nice pickups too... good score on the Cloud City Playset, Rich. Had mine since about 2000 and love it.

Keep up the good work!

Taffius

Sith Lord
Not finished listening yet but only 50mins to go!

Great Celebration piece and listening to such experiences is assurance for more stories upon return surely.

One thing the podcast does for me is enthuise the spirit to buy what your talking about. Want a Taun Taun now! :lol:

Great listen once again and very much appreciated.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Very enjoyable episode as ever. Hope you all have a great time at Celebration. Really wish I was going, very jealous hearing all about it. The room sales sound phenomenal.

Really enjoyed the blaster quiz, my blaster knowledge is pretty good due to getting loads of Repro crap over the years. Very funny quiz.

There was nothing more exciting than free stuff in cereal boxes. Especially if you got two prizes instead of one. Kids today are missing out.

This is my childhood Taun Taun, as you can see the reins and buckle are held together with wire. I think the buckle was snapped straight out of the box and the reins happened a day later. Crappy design.

Just so you know, the Tauntaun in Jabbas palace isn't dead. He's just poking his head through a hole in the wall to see what's happening. He's waiting for Han to be defrosted so he can pop a cap in his ass for wasting his brother on Hoth.

Wonder how many people burned them selves on the Tauntaun Teapot.

Have fun at Celebration everyone!

Attachments

• 5AC3C77A-8CB6-4EA6-A0D7-AE1E861C4BCD.jpeg
    5AC3C77A-8CB6-4EA6-A0D7-AE1E861C4BCD.jpeg
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,033
  • BA10F8D3-0817-4923-90AD-A9ED08CEA617.jpeg
    BA10F8D3-0817-4923-90AD-A9ED08CEA617.jpeg
    31.5 KB · Views: 1,035
  • CCF75AFC-306E-47D6-B745-B0258C8D3E6C.jpeg
    CCF75AFC-306E-47D6-B745-B0258C8D3E6C.jpeg
    77.8 KB · Views: 1,034

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Just over half way through this mammoth episode, hopefully I can finish it before the next one comes out! Glad you guys discussed the latest developments regarding the fake mailers/baggies early on in the show, it's an important issue and I think having Tom's weight behind the accusations will have a positive effect. I personally don't think it will kill off baggie collecting, in fact if anything like what happened with Palitoy/General Mills MOCs after Toy Toni the legit ones will become more sought after now people realise they don't grow on trees.

Thanks for the mention of my new son Jasper, hopefully a future collector and listener :) and glad Jez is enjoying the Luke Skywalker MOC too. Really enjoyed listening to the Celeberation round table, makes me gutted I'm not going, I don't know how you guys all swing it with your families :lol: hopefully when my boys are a bit older I could consider an overseas event.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Finally finished it, really enjoyed the Taun Taun info and discussion, I had no idea the split belly was released so late after the original, I thought it would have been a rapid change like the VCJ or small head Han.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom