Vectis 30th April Sale NOW ONLINE

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Blimey, all sorts their! Even some MOTU MOC's! Don't forget everyone, add 25% to the hammer price.

UKS

Jedi Knight
Robstyley said:
I thought it was just a load of old modern tat :? Until I scrolled down a few pages. Looks like a lot of Moc, I think their estimates are way off for some of them.

They will go for a lot higher than the estimates - Well, they normally do. The only "modern retro" stuff I saw go for less, was some Transformer Headmaster and Targetmaster a couple of auctions ago, that didn't get anywhere near what they suggested.

kingshearer

Jedi Master
UKS said:
Robstyley said:
I thought it was just a load of old modern tat :? Until I scrolled down a few pages. Looks like a lot of Moc, I think their estimates are way off for some of them.

They will go for a lot higher than the estimates - Well, they normally do. The only "modern retro" stuff I saw go for less, was some Transformer Headmaster and Targetmaster a couple of auctions ago, that didn't get anywhere near what they suggested.
I wonder why sellers are using Vectis over ebay. If a buyer is not happy can they return them like ebay allows?

TK-7785

Jedi Master
kingshearer said:
UKS said:
Robstyley said:

I wonder why sellers are using Vectis over ebay. If a buyer is not happy can they return them like ebay allows?

Quite simply, prices at Vectis seem to be consistently at the upper end of the value spectrum. In many cases the prices go silly. So as a seller it seems to make financial sense. Unlike ebay however buyers cannot return items. Except for extreme cases of misrepresentation on behalf of the auction house it's a case of buyer beware. The onus is on the buyer to know what they are purchasing.

kingshearer

Jedi Master
TK-7785 said:
kingshearer said:
UKS said:

Quite simply, prices at Vectis seem to be consistently at the upper end of the value spectrum. In many cases the prices go silly. So as a seller it seems to make financial sense. Unlike ebay however buyers cannot return items. Except for extreme cases of misrepresentation on behalf of the auction house it's a case of buyer beware. The onus is on the buyer to know what they are purchasing.
Oh, you'll never get a bargain at Vectis!
I've just put some silly low bids in and the website tells you you've bid too low and also tells you what price you need to bid to be the highest bidder and some of the items have already exceeded the estimates and there's still a month to go!
I remember buying a few bits a couple of years ago and going down to pick them up.
I probably payed over the odds once fees were added on but just got a bit caught up in the online auction.
Was disappointed when I got my hands on the figures, they had definitely glossed over the faults in their listings and I felt obliged to just pay for them and get the hell out of there.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Many nice bits there that I'll bid on and then be out bid with a week to go! :lol:
Oh we'll you've got to be in it to win it as they say!

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Richard_H said:
already lost all my pre-bids and one was way more than estimate and what I was wanting to pay :eek:

Same here :( One thing I was going for is already at stupid money- I bid over the odds for it and was outbid almost instantly.

lee gray

Sith Lord
Too many times I look forward to watching these auctions live online, only to forget all about them till the day after, then seeing some things had gone cheaper than expected and think damn I could have bid on that.

kingshearer

Jedi Master
Richard_H said:
already lost all my pre-bids and one was way more than estimate and what I was wanting to pay :eek:

Same here, I fear there's a few millionaires collecting vintage now.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
This auction looks like a collector selling up, anybody know who it is?

Hothrebel

Jedi Master
Just a reminder, this sale on Tuesday 30th of April will start at 10am GMT, a huge amount of vintage carded figures, loose figures, vehicles, Graded stuff, shop displays and not forgetting the 3 ROTJ PROTOTYPES.
Happy bidding!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom