SWFUK

Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2019, Part 2/2

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 12030
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2019, Part 2/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:00 pm

Artoo-Detoo (R2-D2):

r2.jpg
r2.jpg (60.62 KiB) Viewed 431 times

User avatar
s1d0w
Regular
Regular
Posts: 214
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:17 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2019, Part 2/2

Postby s1d0w » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:59 pm

Post deleted (Wrong figure)
Last edited by s1d0w on Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Alisdairmac
Regular
Regular
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:02 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2019, Part 2/2

Postby Alisdairmac » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:02 pm

s1d0w wrote:My Solid Dome is on holiday but here are the other two.

Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 21.57.01.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 21.57.09.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 21.56.50.png

Those are really nice. And great photos

User avatar
Mini99
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 3198
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2019, Part 2/2

Postby Mini99 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:03 pm

Lars,
Will this one cover all 3 3/4 inch R2’s?
ie: solid dome, sensorscope and pop up?

User avatar
Snaketibe
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 3008
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2019, Part 2/2

Postby Snaketibe » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:29 pm

Mini99 wrote:Lars,
Will this one cover all 3 3/4 inch R2’s?
ie: solid dome, sensorscope and pop up?

Hi Nick, I can answer that one. No, there are separate entries for each figure.

Jeremy

User avatar
Snaketibe
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 3008
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2019, Part 2/2

Postby Snaketibe » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:34 pm

Time for the original and best R2, Lars? Good choice! I loved this figure dearly as a child, even if the dome and sticker weren't exactly movie accurate!

I have 3 loose variants; a dark blue dome paint, a light blue dome paint, and a Taiwan green/blue dome paint. I have also photographed the COO's, but they didn't show up very well, so I have darkened a set in Photoshop to make them easier to read.

Lastly, I have another reseal.

Dusty Bin Tribute - 01.jpg
Dusty Bin Tribute - 01.jpg (90.26 KiB) Viewed 412 times


Dusty Bin Tribute - 02.jpg
Dusty Bin Tribute - 02.jpg (94.88 KiB) Viewed 412 times


Dusty Bin Tribute - 03.jpg
Dusty Bin Tribute - 03.jpg (85.37 KiB) Viewed 412 times


Dusty Bin Tribute - 04.jpg
Dusty Bin Tribute - 04.jpg (63.09 KiB) Viewed 412 times


Dusty Bin Tribute - 05.jpg
Dusty Bin Tribute - 05.jpg (277.23 KiB) Viewed 412 times


Dusty Bin Tribute - 06.jpg
Dusty Bin Tribute - 06.jpg (278.07 KiB) Viewed 412 times


Dusty Bin Tribute - 07.jpg
Dusty Bin Tribute - 07.jpg (256.99 KiB) Viewed 412 times


Dusty Bin Tribute - 08.jpg
Dusty Bin Tribute - 08.jpg (132 KiB) Viewed 412 times

User avatar
apack7229
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1193
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:35 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2019, Part 2/2

Postby apack7229 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:15 am

Here’s mine. The one with the leg is not from the droid factory set. I got it and an r5 out of a space case and the original owner wrapped masking tape around the top of the third leg to make it stay.
Attachments
07A53E74-6757-41C4-8D60-615362C80D76.jpeg
07A53E74-6757-41C4-8D60-615362C80D76.jpeg (206.05 KiB) Viewed 403 times
My Fett Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33548

My Vintage Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34130

My Cardback Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34270

User avatar
Mini99
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 3198
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2019, Part 2/2

Postby Mini99 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:18 am

Snaketibe wrote:
Mini99 wrote:Lars,
Will this one cover all 3 3/4 inch R2’s?
ie: solid dome, sensorscope and pop up?

Hi Nick, I can answer that one. No, there are separate entries for each figure.

Jeremy

Do I assume that this is for the solid dome, the first posts pictures confused me... I know that it doesn’t take much!

User avatar
Mini99
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 3198
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2019, Part 2/2

Postby Mini99 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:20 am

Mini99 wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:
Mini99 wrote:Lars,
Will this one cover all 3 3/4 inch R2’s?
ie: solid dome, sensorscope and pop up?

Hi Nick, I can answer that one. No, there are separate entries for each figure.

Jeremy

So I assume that this is for the solid dome, the first posts pictures confused me... I know that it doesn’t take much!

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 12030
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2019, Part 2/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:39 am

Snaketibe wrote:
Mini99 wrote:Lars,
Will this one cover all 3 3/4 inch R2’s?
ie: solid dome, sensorscope and pop up?

Hi Nick, I can answer that one. No, there are separate entries for each figure.

Jeremy


Thanks jeremy :D

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 12030
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2019, Part 2/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:44 am

Snaketibe wrote:Time for the original and best R2, Lars? Good choice! I loved this figure dearly as a child, even if the dome and sticker weren't exactly movie accurate!

I have 3 loose variants; a dark blue dome paint, a light blue dome paint, and a Taiwan green/blue dome paint. I have also photographed the COO's, but they didn't show up very well, so I have darkened a set in Photoshop to make them easier to read.

Lastly, I have another reseal.

Dusty Bin Tribute - 01.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 02.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 03.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 04.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 05.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 06.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 07.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 08.jpg


Wow nice r2-d2 variants, thanks for sharing all the great pictures and that resealed could have tricked me it looks like a moc :shock: ok I am not a palitoy moc expert so I do not know if the bubble is wrong so I would not get tricked if I had done the research :? :lol:

User avatar
Snaketibe
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 3008
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2019, Part 2/2

Postby Snaketibe » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:30 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:Time for the original and best R2, Lars? Good choice! I loved this figure dearly as a child, even if the dome and sticker weren't exactly movie accurate!

I have 3 loose variants; a dark blue dome paint, a light blue dome paint, and a Taiwan green/blue dome paint. I have also photographed the COO's, but they didn't show up very well, so I have darkened a set in Photoshop to make them easier to read.

Lastly, I have another reseal.

Dusty Bin Tribute - 01.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 02.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 03.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 04.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 05.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 06.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 07.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 08.jpg


Wow nice r2-d2 variants, thanks for sharing all the great pictures and that resealed could have tricked me it looks like a moc :shock: ok I am not a palitoy moc expert so I do not know if the bubble is wrong so I would not get tricked if I had done the research :? :lol:

Thanks Lars. It's the original bubble and figure that came with that card.

User avatar
Snaketibe
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 3008
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2019, Part 2/2

Postby Snaketibe » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:37 pm

Mini99 wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:
Mini99 wrote:Lars,
Will this one cover all 3 3/4 inch R2’s?
ie: solid dome, sensorscope and pop up?

Hi Nick, I can answer that one. No, there are separate entries for each figure.

Jeremy

Do I assume that this is for the solid dome, the first posts pictures confused me... I know that it doesn’t take much!

Yes, this thread is for the solid dome R2.

Lars' Main 'Toy of the Week' thread (http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35554) lists separate threads for this R2-D2 (item #1), the Sensorscope version (item #44 http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38090, which you did post in ;-)), and the pop-up saber version (item #82 on his list, although we haven't had that thread posted yet).

Hope that helps :-)

User avatar
Snaketibe
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 3008
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2019, Part 2/2

Postby Snaketibe » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:39 pm

apack7229 wrote:Here’s mine. The one with the leg is not from the droid factory set. I got it and an r5 out of a space case and the original owner wrapped masking tape around the top of the third leg to make it stay.

Nice collection. Thanks for sharing :-)

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 12030
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2019, Part 2/2

Postby Pomse2001 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:46 pm

Snaketibe wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:Time for the original and best R2, Lars? Good choice! I loved this figure dearly as a child, even if the dome and sticker weren't exactly movie accurate!

I have 3 loose variants; a dark blue dome paint, a light blue dome paint, and a Taiwan green/blue dome paint. I have also photographed the COO's, but they didn't show up very well, so I have darkened a set in Photoshop to make them easier to read.

Lastly, I have another reseal.

Dusty Bin Tribute - 01.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 02.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 03.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 04.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 05.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 06.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 07.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 08.jpg


Wow nice r2-d2 variants, thanks for sharing all the great pictures and that resealed could have tricked me it looks like a moc :shock: ok I am not a palitoy moc expert so I do not know if the bubble is wrong so I would not get tricked if I had done the research :? :lol:

Thanks Lars. It's the original bubble and figure that came with that card.


That is so cool, thanks mate for the info 8)


Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron