Palitoy Tauntaun Box

Gadders

Padawan
Hi all,

inspired by the latest episode of The Vintage Rebellion, I've made my first purchase in many months and bought a Palitoy solid belly Tauntaun box to go with my 2 boxed Kenner versions.

The box has just arrived and is lovely, but I've noticed that all the Palitoy logos on each side are actually stickers and not printed.
This got me wondering, is this common? And is there a printed version of this box?

Attachments

• 20190409_142506.jpg
    20190409_142506.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 1,350
  • 20190409_144220.jpg
    20190409_144220.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 1,347

TK-7785

Jedi Master
I might be wrong, but I remember reading somewhere this is a case of Palitoy not having having enough of their own stock to distribute at some point with its release so just placed stickers over the Kenner logo.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
I thought that they were all stickered?
You may be right, but I'm not sure. I thought I read somewhere that some were printed, but I won't swear to it... So basically, I'm not adding much to this am I?! :lol:

kingshearer

Jedi Master
Never noticed this before, will have to check mine, but I could swear it's pre printed.
I know my SW tie fighter is rebadged, which is common, since it was one of the first 'ships' to come out and Palitoy weren't fully up and running at that point.

x-wingMark

Jedi Master
You can get two solid TaunTaun Palitoy ESB boxes.

One with slicker over Kenner and one with printed Palitoy logo.

8)

Gadders

Padawan
x-wingMark said:
You can get two solid TaunTaun Palitoy ESB boxes.

One with slicker over Kenner and one with printed Palitoy logo.

8)

Perfect. Cheers for the answer. Will look out for a printed one now then.

Alisdairmac

Jedi Knight
Supporter
There are definitely stickered and printed versions. As I understand it the stickered version is the earlier but more common version. Unfortunately I can't remember where I read this so I'll update if I find it.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Interesting, I never knew this. I have several Kenner boxed items with Palitoy stickers, but they are all just generic labels with black text, not the colour logo you have pictured.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
The 1st issue TT with printed Palitoy logo is a tough one to find. The stickered ones are more common and unitl recently I never even knew the printed logo version existed.

Gadders

Padawan
edd_jedi said:
Interesting, I never knew this. I have several Kenner boxed items with Palitoy stickers, but they are all just generic labels with black text, not the colour logo you have pictured.
Same here, Edd.

I think if this had been a black and white sticker, I'd not have thought twice about it and wouldn't have made this post.
Makes you wonder what other items have this same colour logo sticker..

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
We seem to have two differing opinions in this thread regarding which version was released first. Does anyone know definitively whether the stickered or the printed version came out first? I'd love to know the answer!

Alisdairmac

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Snaketibe said:
We seem to have two differing opinions in this thread regarding which version was released first. Does anyone know definitively whether the stickered or the printed version came out first? I'd love to know the answer!
Yes. Would be interesting to know for sure one way or the other.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom