SWFUK is now a secure website!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
You may have noticed over the last year or so that your browser may have flagged that this website is 'not secure.' This was perfectly normal for websites like this for many years, generally only transactional websites like eBay or banks used to be secure. But recently modern browsers have been alerting users when they are on any non-secure websites, which could make some people feel unsafe.

As of today SWFUK is now secure! You should notice any bookmarks you have saved automatically redirect to HTTPS, and as per the below screenshot you should also see a padlock and security certificate information in your browser:

secure.png

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Something I have just noticed, if you were using a remote avatar (eg on Photobucket) it will no longer work. You will need to re-upload your avatar using this site's hosting here:

https://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=avatar

Lindo

Sith Lord
Is that the reason it's been difficult to connect the last few days? Was it everyone or just me? Do I need to change any settings etc?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Lindo said:
Is that the reason it's been difficult to connect the last few days? Was it everyone or just me? Do I need to change any settings etc?

It should work faster in theory, has anyone else had issues?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom