Obscure Star Wars ANH Cinema Brochure

castlegrayskull

Padawan
One of my colleagues at work went to one of the original screenings of Star Wars A New Hope and they gave out a brochure/guidebook when you went in.

Has anyone come across these and more to the point ... can anyone put a value on it?

Here are a few snaps of it .. just a taster :wink:

290EEF3E-F235-42C3-B496-EA044B558230.jpeg

CE4CAE26-B48F-49B1-B90F-CF2A15573AB4.jpeg

97D0107B-B150-41CE-9C93-D2BE4A26F33B.jpeg

TK-7785

Jedi Master
These are pretty common. Only worth £5-£10. In that condition I'd say up to £5, max.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
TK-7785 said:
These are pretty common. Only worth £5-£10. In that condition I'd say up to £5, max.
I agree with the price given, but something is niggling me...aren't there two versions of this, one really common and a far rarer one.
But for the life of me I can't remember what the difference is, but I know it was subtle!

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
Mini99 said:
TK-7785 said:
I agree with the price given, but something is niggling me...aren't there two versions of this, one really common and a far rarer one.
But for the life of me I can't remember what the difference is, but I know it was subtle!

The first edition has a smooth finish on the cover and the subsequent editions have a pebble effect cover from what I remember.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
jedi_mister said:
Mini99 said:
TK-7785 said:

The first edition has a smooth finish on the cover and the subsequent editions have a pebble effect cover from what I remember.
I've got it in my head that the difference is if it's a UK or a US one.
Something on the inside of the cover?
I've been looking and can't find it...perhaps I'm going mad...no please don't answer that! :lol:

stu70

Padawan
Mini99 said:
I've been looking and can't find it...perhaps I'm going mad...no please don't answer that!

I think the first edition US one had off white cream coloured pages inside where as subsequent reprints including the UK version had the pinkish pages, I also remember seeing that the pages are in a slightly different order in the first edition to the later ones, not sure if this is correct without having two in hand to compare.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Mini99 said:
jedi_mister said:
Mini99 said:

I've been looking and can't find it...perhaps I'm going mad...no please don't answer that! :lol:

The difference you're probably thinking of is on the 'Cast' page, right at the bottom. There is an address to send to purchase additional copies, for the majority this is a US address but for rarer UK issued ones (as this one pictured likely is) it is a UK address.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
Mini99 said:
jedi_mister said:

The difference you're probably thinking of is on the 'Cast' page, right at the bottom. There is an address to send to purchase additional copies, for the majority this is a US address but for rarer UK issued ones (as this one pictured likely is) it is a UK address.
That's it....thanks for putting me out of my misery!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom