Trilogo Rarity

Paddy the Jedi

Padawan
Wanted to ask something for quite a while-why are the following Trilogos rare and expensive-Emperors Royal Guard, Luke Bespin, R2D2 Pop up Sabre and Luke Original? I appreciate the Rarity of General Madine since he was only available for sale in France but why the others? Is it due to Supply and Demand or people reluctant to part with these carded figures or maybe splitting up Focus Collections? Looking forward to the wisdom of the forum members as I am close to completing the set!! Of course I'll never own a Madine(unless a lottery win happens!!).

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
R2 pop-up has only been expensive for the last 5 years or so. It's because idiots on Facebook drove up the price of loose ones. Prior to 2014 or so you could buy loose ones for £75 and carded trilogo ones for £150 with ease. Toy Toni has sold literally hundreds of them over the last two decades.

The others you mention have always been relatively desirable or rare, although their prices have gone mad in recent years. When I put my first trilogo set together in the mid 2000s you could pick up all of those for under £200. But that's when most others were under £100, so they were still relatively expensive.

The most over-priced trilogo IMO is Yak Face, they are really common and should be no more than £200.

Paddy the Jedi

Padawan
Thanks very much Edd for enlightening me!! I still need the two Lukes and the Royal Guard- which I know will be really tough! I remember my friend Karl selling a Royal Guard with a replacement bubble in 2004 for £50, of course I didn't buy it! I know Vectis have all 3 coming up but I dread to think what they will go for never mind fees!!!

UKS

Jedi Knight
I got outbid on the trilogo Luke farmboy already - And I put in what I thought was quite a big number.

Obviously not for you serious collectors! :D :lol:

Paddy the Jedi

Padawan
Hello UKS we are too "old school"! Well I am anyway(ill be 48 in July!). Definitely a serious collector but definitely not Stupid!! I know of an AFA 80 Luke Original that sold last year for £1400!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom