Deformed figures.

UKS

Jedi Knight
I remember buying a MOC skiff lando from a local fruit market in the late eighties.

When I opened him, he was deformed! The best way to describe was if he had a bit of a hunchback. One shoulder lower than the other.

Imagine this was MOC still. Would that be a more desired collectable? Have we seen this type of error before? (Obvious if loose it could be a "child customisation"...)

BTW I will still own this Lando somewhere! I'll see if I can hunt him down.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I've never heard of that kind of error. It's not that unusual to find missing paint or hands/feet, but I can't think what would cause that. Needs pics really! It would probably be worth something to a focus collector.

UKS

Jedi Knight
Challenge accepted! He is in one of 50 boxes store at big yellow storage. After Vectis tomorrow I will go and see what I can find....

UKS

Jedi Knight
IMG_1581.jpeg
IMG_1585.jpeg
IMG_1579.jpeg

Mission a success! (ish) His legs do not move so I broke one off as a boy. (Whoops!)

I have put another beater Lando next to him for comparison.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Looks like Lando got a bit too close to the fire. He was definitely bought in that condition? I would have thought QC would have caught that, but maybe he slipped through on a Friday afternoon. :lol:

UKS

Jedi Knight
Yeah he came out the packet like that. I remember thinking "Thats why he was cheap at the market!"

My thought behind this thread wasn't so much HunchLando, but what would the market be for something like that MOC? Figure factory errors. And have we seen things like that? Wrong arms, legs etc.

Also, (I never thought about this) how do SW figs melt? I would have thought the arms and legs would go before the body...

batman

Padawan
That looks like heat damage, if you did not buy this moc i would say it was the result of trying to boil the figure. The Torso is made of a harder plastic which warps when heated and settles in the way it's warped when it cools down. The limbs are made of a softer plastic that more or less returns to its normal shape. My guess would be the figure was left in the blister attaching heat seal machine during lunch break or it got messed up during the sonic welding process. Moc this would likely fetch more than a normal figure as it can only be a factory error, otherwise the blister would have warped too but loose it's just beater with an interesting story.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom