SWFUK

Question regarding payment on the Vectis site

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
User avatar
TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1598
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:11 pm
Location: Somewhere Down The Rabbit Hole

Question regarding payment on the Vectis site

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:15 pm

I won something on the Vectis auction today. I’ve never won anything before. How long before you get an invoice? The website is useless and so I’m finding it very hard to get any details of the item won, and the advice for payment from the faqs regarding automatic payment seems flaky to me.

User avatar
Mini99
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 3003
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Question regarding payment on the Vectis site

Postby Mini99 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:24 pm

On the very rare occasion that I won I got an email telling me how much they had taken from my credit card that evening.

User avatar
s1d0w
Regular
Regular
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:17 pm

Re: Question regarding payment on the Vectis site

Postby s1d0w » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:27 pm

TheJabbaWookie wrote:I won something on the Vectis auction today. I’ve never won anything before. How long before you get an invoice? The website is useless and so I’m finding it very hard to get any details of the item won, and the advice for payment from the faqs regarding automatic payment seems flaky to me.


Just received mine. If you haven't already, you should receive it soon.

User avatar
UKS
Regular
Regular
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:10 pm

Re: Question regarding payment on the Vectis site

Postby UKS » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:45 pm

No invoice yet but they’ve taken the payment.

It’s a bit of a big number. Gulp.

User avatar
TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1598
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:11 pm
Location: Somewhere Down The Rabbit Hole

Re: Question regarding payment on the Vectis site

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:49 pm

Brilliant. Thanks guys. Yes just received mine and they have taken payment automatically.

Next question: how do you organise postage through Vectis, how much is it usually and are they good at packing? Any alternatives if not?

User avatar
s1d0w
Regular
Regular
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:17 pm

Re: Question regarding payment on the Vectis site

Postby s1d0w » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:10 pm

TheJabbaWookie wrote:Brilliant. Thanks guys. Yes just received mine and they have taken payment automatically.

Next question: how do you organise postage through Vectis, how much is it usually and are they good at packing? Any alternatives if not?


It can take up to 21 days for them to pack and box everything. They then send you another invoice for postage.

In my experience everything is very well packed.

User avatar
TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1598
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:11 pm
Location: Somewhere Down The Rabbit Hole

Re: Question regarding payment on the Vectis site

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:03 pm

s1d0w wrote:
TheJabbaWookie wrote:Brilliant. Thanks guys. Yes just received mine and they have taken payment automatically.

Next question: how do you organise postage through Vectis, how much is it usually and are they good at packing? Any alternatives if not?


It can take up to 21 days for them to pack and box everything. They then send you another invoice for postage.

In my experience everything is very well packed.

Thanks. Is it reasonably priced or do they add a big Vectis premium for handling?

jedisearcher
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1449
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:50 pm

Re: Question regarding payment on the Vectis site

Postby jedisearcher » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:13 pm

TheJabbaWookie wrote:
s1d0w wrote:
TheJabbaWookie wrote:Brilliant. Thanks guys. Yes just received mine and they have taken payment automatically.

Next question: how do you organise postage through Vectis, how much is it usually and are they good at packing? Any alternatives if not?


It can take up to 21 days for them to pack and box everything. They then send you another invoice for postage.

In my experience everything is very well packed.

Thanks. Is it reasonably priced or do they add a big Vectis premium for handling?


It’s generally pretty good value. I got a massive load of non-SW stuff once and it was £20 or so. That was a while ago tho. They ship with DPD normally,
WTB thread - most Palitoy 30b's and 3 debut 45a's: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17224

Memories from a 1980s Toy Shop: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24289

User avatar
UKS
Regular
Regular
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:10 pm

Re: Question regarding payment on the Vectis site

Postby UKS » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:14 pm

I have had bubbles come off in Vectis delivery. Luckily it was logray and trilogo Nikto!

User avatar
TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1598
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:11 pm
Location: Somewhere Down The Rabbit Hole

Re: Question regarding payment on the Vectis site

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:19 pm

UKS wrote:I have had bubbles come off in Vectis delivery. Luckily it was logray and trilogo Nikto!


Thanks guys. Sounds like postage price should be ok. Luckily for me it’s a boxed item and not a bubble, but it’s mint and I’d like to arrive mint.

Lindo
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1433
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:26 pm
Location: Durham

Re: Question regarding payment on the Vectis site

Postby Lindo » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:27 pm

Luckily I live half hour to 45 mins away, usually pay when I collect but have had one thing delivered in the past and it was well packed
Looking for POTF moc's pm me if you have any for sale

welshwookie
Regular
Regular
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:35 pm

Re: Question regarding payment on the Vectis site

Postby welshwookie » Wed May 01, 2019 3:44 pm

TheJabbaWookie wrote:Brilliant. Thanks guys. Yes just received mine and they have taken payment automatically.

Next question: how do you organise postage through Vectis, how much is it usually and are they good at packing? Any alternatives if not?



you can also collect from the Oxford office, or any toy fair they are attending. The next one is Sandown park racecourse.
Paul

User avatar
UKS
Regular
Regular
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:10 pm

Re: Question regarding payment on the Vectis site

Postby UKS » Wed May 01, 2019 5:14 pm

I'm working in oxford next week - I may see if I can pick up and ensure that a massive parcel doesn't turn up on my doorstep to the consternation of my wife. (who told me yesterday to "buy no more plastic toys"!)

Btw if you can guess how many items I won... I got slightly carried away.

welshwookie
Regular
Regular
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:35 pm

Re: Question regarding payment on the Vectis site

Postby welshwookie » Wed May 01, 2019 5:35 pm

UKS wrote:I'm working in oxford next week - I may see if I can pick up and ensure that a massive parcel doesn't turn up on my doorstep to the consternation of my wife. (who told me yesterday to "buy no more plastic toys"!)

Btw if you can guess how many items I won... I got slightly carried away.


Ask for Julie Walker and she will sort a collection out for you.
You couldn`t have had a bigger shock on a bill than I did this morning :shock:

User avatar
UKS
Regular
Regular
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:10 pm

Re: Question regarding payment on the Vectis site

Postby UKS » Wed May 01, 2019 5:36 pm

Unless you bought the prototypes, I am not sure about that.


Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bosk70, Bunglebubs and 18 guests