Question regarding payment on the Vectis site

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
I won something on the Vectis auction today. I've never won anything before. How long before you get an invoice? The website is useless and so I'm finding it very hard to get any details of the item won, and the advice for payment from the faqs regarding automatic payment seems flaky to me.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
On the very rare occasion that I won I got an email telling me how much they had taken from my credit card that evening.

Jaxxon

Jedi Knight
TheJabbaWookie said:
I won something on the Vectis auction today. I've never won anything before. How long before you get an invoice? The website is useless and so I'm finding it very hard to get any details of the item won, and the advice for payment from the faqs regarding automatic payment seems flaky to me.

Just received mine. If you haven't already, you should receive it soon.

UKS

Jedi Knight
No invoice yet but they've taken the payment.

It's a bit of a big number. Gulp.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Brilliant. Thanks guys. Yes just received mine and they have taken payment automatically.

Next question: how do you organise postage through Vectis, how much is it usually and are they good at packing? Any alternatives if not?

Jaxxon

Jedi Knight
TheJabbaWookie said:
Brilliant. Thanks guys. Yes just received mine and they have taken payment automatically.

Next question: how do you organise postage through Vectis, how much is it usually and are they good at packing? Any alternatives if not?

It can take up to 21 days for them to pack and box everything. They then send you another invoice for postage.

In my experience everything is very well packed.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
s1d0w said:
TheJabbaWookie said:

It can take up to 21 days for them to pack and box everything. They then send you another invoice for postage.

Thanks. Is it reasonably priced or do they add a big Vectis premium for handling?

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
s1d0w said:
TheJabbaWookie said:

Thanks. Is it reasonably priced or do they add a big Vectis premium for handling?

It's generally pretty good value. I got a massive load of non-SW stuff once and it was £20 or so. That was a while ago tho. They ship with DPD normally,

UKS

Jedi Knight
I have had bubbles come off in Vectis delivery. Luckily it was logray and trilogo Nikto!

Lindo

Sith Lord
Luckily I live half hour to 45 mins away, usually pay when I collect but have had one thing delivered in the past and it was well packed

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:

you can also collect from the Oxford office, or any toy fair they are attending. The next one is Sandown park racecourse.
Paul

UKS

Jedi Knight
I'm working in oxford next week - I may see if I can pick up and ensure that a massive parcel doesn't turn up on my doorstep to the consternation of my wife. (who told me yesterday to "buy no more plastic toys"!)

Btw if you can guess how many items I won... I got slightly carried away.

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
UKS said:
I'm working in oxford next week - I may see if I can pick up and ensure that a massive parcel doesn't turn up on my doorstep to the consternation of my wife. (who told me yesterday to "buy no more plastic toys"!)

Btw if you can guess how many items I won... I got slightly carried away.

Ask for Julie Walker and she will sort a collection out for you.
You couldn`t have had a bigger shock on a bill than I did this morning :shock:

Lindo

Sith Lord
37500 for the Bib with fees is plain stupid, hope whoever bought it is very well off and didn't do nothing stupid like remortgage or something, I have heard of people doing silly things like that in the past

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
UKS said:
Unless you bought the prototypes, I am not sure about that.

Thankfully that wasn't me.
None of my winning bids have shown this time in my vectis account .But I knew roughly what to expect, and when the amount was nearly double figures I did have to make a phone call :shock: .

Lindo

Sith Lord
welshwookie said:
UKS said:

None of my winning bids have shown this time in my vectis account .But I knew roughly what to expect, and when the amount was nearly double figures I did have to make a phone call :shock: .
What lots did you win?

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
Lindo said:
welshwookie said:
UKS said:

What lots did you win?

5 out of the 8 20 backs
And my bitter/ sweet surprise the 12 back Chewbacca . Which I had no idea of or expect of getting close too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom