Which figure would you keep?

UKS

Jedi Knight
Hi all,

I need to decide which of my "vectis doubles" to keep and which to release back into the community.

Here is my first decision. Keep Kenner ROTJ R5D4 65 back OR Trilogo R5D4?

IMG_1632.jpeg

Choose now!

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Depends on whether you have a run in mind or just going for the best condition MOC. Make sure you take your time determining which way you see your collection going in the future before you offload. It took me a while to work out what makes me happy and what I'm going to focus on.

UKS

Jedi Knight
"If you're collecting for you it's a very personal decision."

Yes, and I am very interested in everyones opinions and why. You see, people's stories and thought processes fascinate me.

"Depends on whether you have a run in mind or just going for the best condition MOC."

I don't think either. I just want the full run - I am not concerned about the packaging (or even the best condition!) I like packaging with a bit of "life". The only thing I am not fond of is the yellow bubbles.

I think, given a choice, I would prefer the cardback closest to my original figure. (Here is my original R5D4!)

IMG_1588.jpeg

But I don't think I am going to try too hard on that front. I started getting figures on ESB packaging as a little one - So that is my preference I would say at a push.

I don't see myself (famous last words) constantly upgrading the figures for that slightly better look.

EDIT: The Luke X-WIng and Leia Hoth in the photo I am pretty sure were the first figures I ever bought with birthday money somewhere around (I want to say xmas 1981 but it could be xmas 82 - The figures were on 41 back cards IIRC)

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Personally I would keep the Trilogo as the ROTJs are believed to yellow quicker. I have zero scientific evidence that this is true, it's just based on what I've heard and seen. Both are very nice. I have a mixture of cards in my collection. I like them all.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I'd keep the 65 back. I've got one and I love it. I don't really like Tri-logos, I think they look ****, the bubbles are ugly and I never had any as a child. But that's just me, keep the one you like the look of the most.

Lindo

Sith Lord
Whatever you keep just don't treat it like your childhood figures, looks like you played hard with them bad boys :D

Palifan

Sith Lord
It depends on if you like to see Lukes face or not. :D

If you really don't have a preference then I'd probably keep the one that's harder to find and get again as you never know when a focus might strike.

Ian

UKS

Jedi Knight
Palifan said:
It depends on if you like to see Lukes face or not. :D

If you really don't have a preference then I'd probably keep the one that's harder to find

Ian

Hadn't noticed and this is a good point! Poor Luke. I think that has swayed me!

Which one is harder to find? Instinctually I'd say Trilogo.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I prefer the Kenner one. It's what I personally remember gawping at on pegs. The Trilogo era, although hardly a million years away from a Kenner ROTJ, doesn't hold the fuzzy memories as much for me.

I have another obscure reason. I've often spotted a slightly sharper image or nicer contrast on First 20 figures on ROTJ cards. I'm prepared to accept I'm imagining things with this though.

UKS

Jedi Knight
Here some choices I've made this morning(some are obvious!)

ESB Kenner Sand People over Trilogo Tusken Raider
ESB Kenner SD Commander over ROTJ Kenner SDC
SW 21 back Kenner walrusman over TT ROTJ one(!!!!!)

Personally, I think I will always favour ESB over ROTJ cards where possible. I'm also not precious on SW cards as I only ever owned one as a child.

I like Tri-logo cards, so I think I may favour them over ROTJ figs on ROTJ cards.

My big decision now is ESB Kenner ugnaught (with scraped off POP) vs ROTJ ugnaught vs Trilogo
Ugnaught.

(I had 4-6 as a child so it somehow feels appropriate to keep all three but space is a premium.)

coomber75

Sith Lord
I'd go non tri logo just can't seem to get on with the look of them...
Does that lack of sw back love mean that Dsd is up for sale soon lol

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Quite a tough choice actually. Value wise there's not much in it. The Kenner bubble has more chance of going yellow. But I like that you can see more of the photo on the Kenner cardback.

UKS

Jedi Knight
I think Trilogo is going to the great SandCrawler that is swfuk sales forum.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom