Not one, but two positive collecting stories!

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
I just want to take this opportunity to thank a group of collectors who make me incredibly proud to know them.

Some of you might know that I designed the mini Death Star that a few of the guys here took out to Chicago as swag, and it went down a storm. At the time they asked me how much I wanted for doing it and I told them outright there would be no charge, It was something I really wanted to create and knew if we coud pull it off it would make a great bit of swag.
Well, once they all got back little to my knowledge, they'd all chipped in and raised a huge wad of cash for me to put towards a re-seal I was aiming to get from Vectis a couple of weeks ago.
So a massive thank you to NICK RAYNER, SIMON McOWAN, ROBERT MARSH, JASON SMITH, DAN BURGESS, PETER LEE, BEN COOMBER, JAMES MARTIN, MARTIN WOODGATE and DAZ QUINN. Thank you lads, it's greatly appreciated.

Then, Richard Hutchinson gifts me an original footer to complete it!!!

Secondly, I managed to land what I consider to be one of my top 5 grail pieces o a lucky ebay search, an ESB Lucite star. It was minus the velvet bag but I was not bothered, they come up for sale so seldomly. I posted my find on Facebook on the Beyond the Toys page and within minutes, Craig C Thomas (not sure if he's on here) posted up that he had a spare velvet bag and that I could have it.

It's times like this that being part of the collecting community really restores your faith in people, that there are collectors out there that are not just about the money, or the acquisition, that it is about helping each other with their collecting journey.

Not usually a soppy idiot but I just wanted those people to know that I really appreciate their generosity.

Attachments

• DSCN6158.JPG
    DSCN6158.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 1,098
  • DSCN6159.JPG
    DSCN6159.JPG
    164 KB · Views: 1,108

tigerham

Sith Lord
What a great story and well deserved. It was a generous and nice thing you did in the first place my friend. Thank you for sharing and great pieces for sure. :)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Great generosity from all involved.
I just wanted to add that the Death Star that you designed was truly amazing and I understand that it became a highly prized item to those lucky enough to get one in Chicago.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
There's some good people in the world. Well done everyone. Great Death Star by the way.

Palifan

Sith Lord
That's two amazing stories for sure and I'm so glad at was you Mark as it was definitely deservedly so and I also know that the items are now at a good home.

It just shows that there are good people out there ready to help out when they can :D

Ian

Richard_H

Grand Master
Ha! Mark is selling himself short - he gifted the footer to me about 2 years ago as he is such a cool guy too. Happy to repay the favour.

olisuds

Sith Lord
Great to hear positive stories like these where collectors have shown such thoughtfulness and generosity to others!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom