Page 1 of 1

Who is best person to talk to in regards to PBP/Poch figures?

Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:51 pm
by StarWarsFan
Hi,

Am starting collecting PBP/Poch figures, know some is fairly obvious like the Hoth Rebel trooper with the dark brown vest but some seem to look standard figure. Can anyone help please with a guide or photo comparison please. Thanks

Re: Who is best person to talk to in regards to PBP/Poch figures?

Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:08 pm
by Michael Sith
I'm sure you'll get plenty of ideas from some of the guys on here

Wolffs guides are always good for reference

https://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/poch/

Re: Who is best person to talk to in regards to PBP/Poch figures?

Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:47 pm
by theforceuk
I know the two members that jump to mind are Poncho and Auzziejames really know their stuff. Their are plenty more though. :)

Re: Who is best person to talk to in regards to PBP/Poch figures?

Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:19 pm
by StarWarsFan
Michael Sith wrote:I'm sure you'll get plenty of ideas from some of the guys on here

Wolffs guides are always good for reference

https://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/poch/


Ace cheers

Re: Who is best person to talk to in regards to PBP/Poch figures?

Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:20 pm
by StarWarsFan
theforceuk wrote:I know the two members that jump to mind are Poncho and Auzziejames really know their stuff. Their are plenty more though. :)


Thanks

Re: Who is best person to talk to in regards to PBP/Poch figures?

Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:22 pm
by TheJabbaWookie
You should see if you can pick up a copy of Javier Ruilopez’s Made in Spain book. It’s a fantastic guide for pbp and Poch figures with large beautifully photographed comparison shots of the figures and their Kenner equivalents, along with detailed descriptions of what to look out for.

The first book is out of print but occasionally it is put up for sale. There was one up on Facebook recently for £95. His second book is just being printed though I believe that is more about the ship and playset market.

Alternatively if you’re on Facebook there’s a wealth of knowledge on the Echo Vintage Variant site or even the Jabba’s Court site. If you need to know anything just post something up and I’m sure a few of us can try and answer any questions you have. I’ve got a few PBP figures up for sale on Jabba’s Palace at the moment for example.

Re: Who is best person to talk to in regards to PBP/Poch figures?

Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:23 pm
by StarWarsFan
TheJabbaWookie wrote:You should see if you can pick up a copy of Javier Ruilopez’s Made in Spain book. It’s a fantastic guide for pbp and Poch figures with large beautifully photographed comparison shots of the figures and their Kenner equivalents, along with detailed descriptions of what to look out for.

The first book is out of print but occasionally it is put up for sale. There was one up on Facebook recently for £95. His second book is just being printed though I believe that is more about the ship and playset market.

Alternatively if you’re on Facebook there’s a wealth of knowledge on the Echo Vintage Variant site or even the Jabba’s Court site. If you need to know anything just post something up and I’m sure a few of us can try and answer any questions you have. I’ve got a few PBP figures up for sale on Jabba’s Palace at the moment for example.


Hi ok great thanks a lot sorry not on Facebook, which figures are you selling?

Re: Who is best person to talk to in regards to PBP/Poch figures?

Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:31 pm
by TheJabbaWookie
StarWarsFan wrote:
TheJabbaWookie wrote:You should see if you can pick up a copy of Javier Ruilopez’s Made in Spain book. It’s a fantastic guide for pbp and Poch figures with large beautifully photographed comparison shots of the figures and their Kenner equivalents, along with detailed descriptions of what to look out for.

The first book is out of print but occasionally it is put up for sale. There was one up on Facebook recently for £95. His second book is just being printed though I believe that is more about the ship and playset market.

Alternatively if you’re on Facebook there’s a wealth of knowledge on the Echo Vintage Variant site or even the Jabba’s Court site. If you need to know anything just post something up and I’m sure a few of us can try and answer any questions you have. I’ve got a few PBP figures up for sale on Jabba’s Palace at the moment for example.


Hi ok great thanks a lot sorry not on Facebook, which figures are you selling?

It’s an auction format. PBP Greedo, Walrus Man, Hammerhead, Imperial Commander.

Re: Who is best person to talk to in regards to PBP/Poch figures?

Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:31 pm
by TheJabbaWookie
Should you be interested in the book here is the guy’s site:
https://m.facebook.com/STAR-WARS-PBPPoc ... 397293772/

Re: Who is best person to talk to in regards to PBP/Poch figures?

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 12:52 am
by poncho
I do love the the smell of pbp plastic. I have 10 pbp/euro han hoths :)

Re: Who is best person to talk to in regards to PBP/Poch figures?

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 12:57 am
by poncho
One that keeps eluding me is the white face pbp cloud car pilot ang big lips bossk

The pbp figures are easy to get and find if you look hard enough

Poch figures are very hard to find and authenticate. To the untrained eye they look kenner its the paint application that gives the poch tell signs normally bobbly/drip like. I reccomened you buy javis book

Re: Who is best person to talk to in regards to PBP/Poch figures?

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:16 pm
by StarWarsFan
TheJabbaWookie wrote:Should you be interested in the book here is the guy’s site:
https://m.facebook.com/STAR-WARS-PBPPoc ... 397293772/



Thanks

Re: Who is best person to talk to in regards to PBP/Poch figures?

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:17 pm
by StarWarsFan
poncho wrote:One that keeps eluding me is the white face pbp cloud car pilot ang big lips bossk

The pbp figures are easy to get and find if you look hard enough

Poch figures are very hard to find and authenticate. To the untrained eye they look kenner its the paint application that gives the poch tell signs normally bobbly/drip like. I reccomened you buy javis book


Thanks Poch been going through my figures think have found some along with LL figures will post photos in due course