SWTOTW, Week 20, 2019, Part 2/2 Klaatu

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Klaatu:

klaatu.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
In June 2017 I did a write-up on Klaatu in the Vintage Showcase thread. Some of you may have seen it, others not. I won't bother repeating too much of it here (although I will repost most of the pics here, since it seems appropriate to do so), however if anyone hankers for more Klaatu info, feel free to visit here: https://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34008

Klaatu! Lots and lots of variants to be had! The No COO one seems to be the most common one in the UK and has shiny grey limbs. However, the HK COO version also exists and can be found with both less shiny lighter grey limbs, and also tan limbs. The HK COO also comes with mixed grey and tan limbs, and every limb colour combination is available... That's a lot of variants! Add in skirt furriness, whether the face is green or blue/green, plus some Lili Ledy variants, and there's one hell of a lot of Klaatus to be had!

Here's my run of all the limb colour combos, plus a couple of Lili Ledys, a regular no COO grey limb, and a Palitoy 65A back:

Klaatu - No COO and HK COO All Grey - Front.jpg

Klaatu - No COO and HK COO All Grey - Rear.jpg

Klaatu No COO Plus Grey and Tan HK COOs - Rear.jpg

Group Shot - Front 25.jpg

Group Shot - Rear 25.jpg

Klaatu Group - Part 1 - Front.jpg

Klaatu Group - Part 1 - Rear.jpg

Klaatu Group - Part 2 - Front.jpg

spoons

Grand Master
That's a lot of Klaatus Jeremy :shock:

I have one carded one for sentimental reasons. When I first started collecting in the early 90s a friend told me about a shop in Bradford with a bin full of Klaatus. They were all pretty battered and the bubbles were coming off. I took Klaatu out (this was 1991 or 2) but still have him and the card back. This sealed one was a purchase last year.

65-Klaatu-Palitoy-1.jpg

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Wowzers Jeremy. I've not seen that many Molded face blue / green Klaatus in one place before. It took me ages to hunt down my minty Molded Face Variant and now I know why! Love those Ledys too. I only have one Ledy figure, a Regresso Yoda, but if I was to own another it would be the Klaatu - he's one of my favourite variants. That skirt :)

Attachments

• 24BD56D0-F8CF-4012-9029-8D9FC562FE7C.jpeg
    24BD56D0-F8CF-4012-9029-8D9FC562FE7C.jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 996
  • 49809137-5ED0-4F0D-8F5E-DF5C0E94D553.jpeg
    49809137-5ED0-4F0D-8F5E-DF5C0E94D553.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 993

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
spoons said:

I have one carded one for sentimental reasons. When I first started collecting in the early 90s a friend told me about a shop in Bradford with a bin full of Klaatus. They were all pretty battered and the bubbles were coming off. I took Klaatu out (this was 1991 or 2) but still have him and the card back. This sealed one was a purchase last year.

Thanks, Andy. I bought my carded one for almost similar reasons. When I first got back into collecting vintage in the early 90's, I didn't really buy MOC figures. One of the local collectibles shops near me had a box full of Klaatus, Ree-Yees and Squid Heads, and the owner couldn't give them away. I never did buy one, even at £4 a pop, and years later I really regretted it, so a couple of years ago I bought my MOC version to make amends :)

TheJabbaWookie said:
Wowzers Jeremy. I've not seen that many Molded face blue / green Klaatus in one place before. It took me ages to hunt down my minty Molded Face Variant and now I know why! Love those Ledys too. I only have one Ledy figure, a Regresso Yoda, but if I was to own another it would be the Klaatu - he's one of my favourite variants. That skirt :)

Thanks, Jay. The HK (blue / green head variant with all the limb combos) can be found here in the UK, but it seems to be far more common in the States. When I went on my grand Klaatu hunt to track down all the variants above (which lasted over a year), I ended up buying quite a few of them from America as I simply couldn't find them over here.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
In June 2017 I did a write-up on Klaatu in the Vintage Showcase thread. Some of you may have seen it, others not. I won't bother repeating too much of it here (although I will repost most of the pics here, since it seems appropriate to do so), however if anyone hankers for more Klaatu info, feel free to visit here: https://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34008

Klaatu! Lots and lots of variants to be had! The No COO one seems to be the most common one in the UK and has shiny grey limbs. However, the HK COO version also exists and can be found with both less shiny lighter grey limbs, and also tan limbs. The HK COO also comes with mixed grey and tan limbs, and every limb colour combination is available... That's a lot of variants! Add in skirt furriness, whether the face is green or blue/green, plus some Lili Ledy variants, and there's one hell of a lot of Klaatus to be had!

Here's my run of all the limb colour combos, plus a couple of Lili Ledys, a regular no COO grey limb, and a Palitoy 65A back:

Klaatu - No COO and HK COO All Grey - Front.jpg

Klaatu - No COO and HK COO All Grey - Rear.jpg

Klaatu No COO Plus Grey and Tan HK COOs - Rear.jpg

Group Shot - Front 25.jpg

Group Shot - Rear 25.jpg

Klaatu Group - Part 1 - Front.jpg

Klaatu Group - Part 1 - Rear.jpg

Klaatu Group - Part 2 - Front.jpg

wow awesome, that is a huge army of klaatu figures. I get it to 19 variants :shock: I think I once read there could be more than 500 variants of klaatu :lol: Thanks mate for all the great info and for sharing all the great pictures :D

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
wow awesome, that is a huge army of klaatu figures. I get it to 19 variants :shock: I think I once read there could be more than 500 variants of klaatu :lol: Thanks mate for all the great info and for sharing all the great pictures :D
My pleasure, and thank you :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
spoons said:

65-Klaatu-Palitoy-1.jpg

thanks andy, great story. Cool that you could still find vintage star wars in the early 90s in the shops :shock: lovely moc, thanks for sharing it :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:

yes jeremy have them all :lol: 2 mint klaatu variants, thanks mate for sharing them :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom