Vintage to Modern figures.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Can someone please explain to me why on earth some modern figures are going for rediculous amounts and in some cases more than vintage MOC. I cant understand why people are paying £50 upwards for modern MOC vintage collection figures and other lines.

This hobby has gone nuts :D

Palifan

Sith Lord
That's good news for me as I need to sell some MOC vintage collection figures :D

No idea why this trend is happening though Lee.

Ian

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Possibly limited release/special release figures I know my lad is collecting certain modern Mocs, and there are always one or two of a run on eBay for £100 for example...bloody crackers

Crumm

Padawan
People buy them up hoping they will be worth something later, some are limited releases so they think they can ask whatever they like for them once they have gone out of regular circulation.

People are already trying to scalp on eBay with the new retro-line figures. Unfortunately there are some people always looking to make a quick buck out of Star Wars stuff, usually to the detriment of real collectors too, it's a shame.

I still raise a little smile at all the people who greedily bought up multiples of The Phantom Menace original run, thinking they would be worth a fortune by now. I think they are worth even less than retail nowadays.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Some Vintage Collection MOCs have been worth big bucks for years now. I realized they weren't for me when I saw what they were going for and worked out I'd rather have the cash. Figures released toward the end of the first Vintage Collection line were terribly poorly distributed and, when I last dipped my toe into those waters, it tended to be those that modern collectors desired highly.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Crumm said:
I still raise a little smile at all the people who greedily bought up multiples of The Phantom Menace original run, thinking they would be worth a fortune by now. I think they are worth even less than retail nowadays.
I'm sorry...what did you say...these are my pension fund! :wink:
:lol:

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Crumm said:

With the rare exception, you literally cannot give them away.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
They're all shite!!! But there's always someone who's into anything. Just because you/I/we don't like them, to some people they're what they collect and they do so with the same enthusiasm we collect a vintage moc. I don't get it but it's each to their own. As for Ep 1 figures, I like them. Much more than the current offerings. I gave my daughter an Ep 1 R2 moc for Christmas and she loved it. Seeing her rip it open was cool.

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
I collect some of the Black Series 6" figures, the prices of some of them are quite high but limited releases and SDCC only ones make the demand outstrip the supply massively. Each to their own I like some of them more than some of the vintage :eek: the detail and face sculpts are amazing these days.

Crumm

Padawan
Robstyley said:
They're all shite!!! But there's always someone who's into anything. Just because you/I/we don't like them, to some people they're what they collect and they do so with the same enthusiasm we collect a vintage moc. I don't get it but it's each to their own. As for Ep 1 figures, I like them. Much more than the current offerings. I gave my daughter an Ep 1 R2 moc for Christmas and she loved it. Seeing her rip it open was cool.

I thought the Ep1 figures were good, I bought a few myself, never with the intention of them increasing in value though.

I opened all of them, my son has them now :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom