SWTOTW, Week 22, 2019, Part 1/2 B-Wing Pilot

Pomse2001

Grand Master
B-Wing Pilot:

b-wing pilot.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
So it's now time for the B-Wing Pilot is it, Lars? OK then, if that's what you want :). I must say though, that whilst Kenner were famously not exactly slaves to accuracy when it came to sculpting the likenesses, clothing / uniforms, or colour schemes of the characters they were representing in plastic, the B-Wing Pilot really does fall short! For starters, there is more than one completely different flight suit worn by the B-Wing pilots in Return of the Jedi (look at the pic at the top of this thread!), and to be honest, even the red one that is in the film (briefly!) isn't exactly a doppelganger for what Kenner gave us :lol:. Regardless, it's a solid enough figure and has a nice ship you can sit him in, so as far as that goes, it works well enough, I suppose.

As for visually different variants (my thing! :-D), there certainly are some, with completely differently sculpted boots, chest plates, belt buckles and helmets (especially at the back), plus variations in the shade of brown paint used and the application of the black paint to the top of the chin strap, which can be unpainted, partially painted or fully painted.

Anyway, here are mine:

Which Uniform - 01.jpg

Which Uniform - 02.jpg

Which Uniform - 03.jpg

Which Uniform - 04.jpg

Which Uniform - 05.jpg

Which Uniform - 06.jpg

Which Uniform - 07.jpg

Which Uniform - 08.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
s1d0w said:
The figure is at the grader's but here's the cardback...

Screenshot 2019-06-02 at 19.07.26.png
Great cardback. I look forward to seeing the figure when it's back from the graders.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Here's mine. He's one of the best condition figures in my collection. No paint loss and rock solid limbs 8)

Attachments

• 40160FBD-0360-421C-8DDF-EBA88D62127D.jpeg
    40160FBD-0360-421C-8DDF-EBA88D62127D.jpeg
    201.7 KB · Views: 993
  • 815B1FED-A7B0-4D44-A4DF-89299AE141D9.jpeg
    815B1FED-A7B0-4D44-A4DF-89299AE141D9.jpeg
    143 KB · Views: 997
  • C911D471-C380-4960-B510-6CC552D2092A.jpeg
    C911D471-C380-4960-B510-6CC552D2092A.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 995

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Clarkspie&chips said:
One of the best deals I ever got, £17 off eBay in 2014

736BB074-6C36-4641-9E7C-72B3B65D9373.jpeg

Wow nice tri-logo b-wing pilot moc and for £17 that is a fantastic price in 2014 :shock:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
So it's now time for the B-Wing Pilot is it, Lars? OK then, if that's what you want :). I must say though, that whilst Kenner were famously not exactly slaves to accuracy when it came to sculpting the likenesses, clothing / uniforms, or colour schemes of the characters they were representing in plastic, the B-Wing Pilot really does fall short! For starters, there is more than one completely different flight suit worn by the B-Wing pilots in Return of the Jedi (look at the pic at the top of this thread!), and to be honest, even the red one that is in the film (briefly!) isn't exactly a doppelganger for what Kenner gave us :lol:. Regardless, it's a solid enough figure and has a nice ship you can sit him in, so as far as that goes, it works well enough, I suppose.

As for visually different variants (my thing! :-D), there certainly are some, with completely differently sculpted boots, chest plates, belt buckles and helmets (especially at the back), plus variations in the shade of brown paint used and the application of the black paint to the top of the chin strap, which can be unpainted, partially painted or fully painted.

Anyway, here are mine:

Which Uniform - 01.jpg

Which Uniform - 02.jpg

Which Uniform - 03.jpg

Which Uniform - 04.jpg

Which Uniform - 05.jpg

Which Uniform - 06.jpg

Which Uniform - 07.jpg

Which Uniform - 08.jpg

Lovely army of b-wing pilots and some cool variants :D I do not remember a b-wing pilot in a red suit from rotj :?

Is it only a danish problem or a world problem :lol: I find b-wing pilots in nearly every childhood lots that I find, but I have never found a b-wing fighter in a childhood lot :lol: was there not sold so many b-wing fighters :? to me it looks like there was sold a ****ing huge lot of b-wing pilots and not many fighters :?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Here's mine. He's one of the best condition figures in my collection. No paint loss and rock solid limbs 8)

wow nice mint b-wing pilot and also a great kenner cardback :D

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Lovely army of b-wing pilots and some cool variants :D I do not remember a b-wing pilot in a red suit from rotj :?

Is it only a danish problem or a world problem :lol: I find b-wing pilots in nearly every childhood lots that I find, but I have never found a b-wing fighter in a childhood lot :lol: was there not sold so many b-wing fighters :? to me it looks like there was sold a ****ing huge lot of b-wing pilots and not many fighters :?

Thanks, Lars.

The red uniforms are there, but only if you look hard enough! :-D

return-of-the-jedi-rebel-briefing.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:

Thanks, Lars.

The red uniforms are there, but only if you look hard enough! :-D

return-of-the-jedi-rebel-briefing.jpg

wow, ok thanks, always learning :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom