Meccano Toltoys hybrid

spoons

Grand Master
An interesting cardback came to light on Facebook yesterday. A Clipper front with Meccano sticker - rare but nothing wrong with that, but it has a Toltoys back

If anyone has a Clipper die cast do check the back. This one has a few red flags. Peeling litho and could be an old repair by someone with a collection of rare backs. The way the punches line up and the lack of premium paid for it I'm leaning towards believing it's legit.

Photos and story in the 'Meccano, Clipper, Toltoys conundrum' article at the link at the top of this page (last article).

https://vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk/featured-articles

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
spoons said:
TheJabbaWookie said:
Fascinating read Andy

Thanks! Love his hobby for the new findings and mysteries
I saw this today, really interesting the way the argument flopped back and forth on if it was or wasn't a repo.
Without another one I suppose you've got to say repo?

spoons

Grand Master
I really don't know Nick, definitely can't say it's a legit variation with so much doubt, but won't say fake either.

Very much on the fence

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Very interesting Andy, thanks for posting this. As you say cool when new stuff comes up. Even if not sure if it's fake or not.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Yes, very interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing this story, and please keep us updated if any more info comes to light regarding it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom