Anyone in the US able to help me with shipping a small item?

olisuds

Sith Lord
Anyone in the US able to help me with shipping a small item to the UK?

Shipping and GSP are adding about 50% to the price

I've had a couple of friends who have helped in the past but I always hate to ask and put people on the spot as you never know when it's a bad time or a hassle. I'd be happy to return the favour for anyone that needs help shipping in the other direction.

Cheers Oli

Pomse2001

Grand Master
olisuds said:
Anyone in the US able to help me with shipping a small item to the UK?

Shipping and GSP are adding about 50% to the price

I've had a couple of friends who have helped in the past but I always hate to ask and put people on the spot as you never know when it's a bad time or a hassle. I'd be happy to return the favour for anyone that needs help shipping in the other direction.

Cheers Oli

Sorry that I can't help but try to contact june, lain or todd. They are all very friendly and I think they all still live in usa :wink:

olisuds

Sith Lord
Thanks Lars, i always hate to ask in case it's a hassle. Unfortunately I had to take a hit on the GSP fees on this one.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
olisuds said:
Thanks Lars, i always hate to ask in case it's a hassle. Unfortunately I had to take a hit on the GSP fees on this one.

Sorry about the GSP, the same here, I also hate to ask. But sometimes I ask because I would also help others if they ask me :D

Sincerely,

Lars

olisuds

Sith Lord
Of course but unfortunately there is less opportunity to help considering UK and European postage costs are usually very reasonable. And I don't believe the US has to contend with VAT and GSP to the same degree that we do. So whilst I offer to return the favour, I've found very few people take me up on the offer unless for example they just want me to combine postage on lots of different items. Really as buyers in the UK it's pretty lousy buying from the US. And even more so now with the current exchange rate over last 5 years.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yep I used to buy probably 50% of my collection from America, even trilogo and Palitoy MOCs (lots over there due to Kay Bee.) Even with shipping and customs charges things were usually cheaper when it was almost $2 to each pound! Those days are gone sadly so now it's rarely economical to buy from the US even before shipping.

olisuds

Sith Lord
When I first started collecting there was no GSP and US shipping charges were a lot more reasonable and along with the decent exchange rate I bought loads from the US. It was easy to ask sellers to mark a low value on the package. Since GSP came along, US postage costs increased and the £ dropped it's been a nightmare. I just stopped buying from the US on eBay. Most of my purchases from the US over the last 10 years have been direct with people I knew who were fine with declaring a low value.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom