strangely hard to find pieces

coomber75

Sith Lord
ok so my collection is coming along nicely... patiently waiting too add key bits... then a side focus allears :roll: but keep my eyes open for those gaps to fill...
so mines a greedo sw back, rarely seems to come up for sale and gets some hefty prices against him... any ideas why?
and any other items you guys struggle with?

lejackal

Grand Master
I'm not much of a completist but I do occasionally consider a little Palitoy run of something, normally to discover it either can't be done as X figure is yet to be found on X card or because X figure costs four figures even if you could find one

Palifan

Sith Lord
coomber75 said:
ok so my collection is coming along nicely... patiently waiting too add key bits... then a side focus allears :roll: but keep my eyes open for those gaps to fill...
so mines a greedo sw back, rarely seems to come up for sale and gets some hefty prices against him... any ideas why?
and any other items you guys struggle with?

I've no real idea about Greedo but it could just be that he was probably one of the big ones to have from the next wave with children growing up with these the first time around so maybe it was played with a lot. Also you could army build to a degree with luke X-Wing but most people probably only had one Greedo growing up so it could have just been short packed.

Interested to hear any other thoughts but these favorite secondary characters tend to be collected now a days and maybe there are more Greedo focus collectors out there than for some of the other characters from this era.

Ian

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Happens to me all the time. You see things for sale regularly for years, then when you want one they dry up. When I was putting my loose set together a couple of years ago, I couldn't find a complete B Wing Pilot or AT-ST Driver for love nor money! It's because everyone had gone crazy for the blaster so everyone was selling them separately.

Then when I was doing my trilogo MOC run, I couldn't find a Logray. Eventually I got one for about £50, so they're not expensive, I just didn't see one for sale for months.

It's an important lesson to learn in collecting - just because something is not for sale NOW does not mean it's rare. Impatient people throwing money at common stuff is what drives up prices.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yeah Greedo is exspensive on a Star Wars card, not sure why. He was the most expensive when I was putting my Kenner 20 back run together for sure. I think he is a popular focus figure, that may be a factor.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Exactly what Edd says. And never has that been more true than now. Things like the SW cards are now being bought and going into collections and staying there. Following the resurgence of interest in the franchise and collecting 5 years ago or so, more stuff came onto the market more regularly. Now it's stabilised and collectors are either settling down or selling up in terms of collecting. Greedo is not rare on a SW cardback, it's just the supply is low ATM. You watch, he'll be like little green buses next month and you'll be spoilt for choice.

As for my elusive finds they too should have been easy: any Palitoy Jawa and a Palitoy ERG. I was looking for about 2 years for the Jawa and a year for the ERG. Neither are rare but when they came up they were either in poor condition (ERG) or massively overpriced (Jawa). Eventually found the ERG on eBay at a fair price and the Jawa compliments of Christian at FF about a year ago. He'll tell you I robbed him, I saw it as a fair negotiation involving only minimal threats of violence :D

coomber75

Sith Lord
thanks chaps, agree im waiting for that green bus day! but i do like trawling waitjng checking haggle etc so one day i will replace my cut pop place holder!

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Try and find a mint loose Han Bespin with no hair rub - it drove me mad.

It was the last figure I needed for my basic loose run and proved to be the most troublesome - yes an easy figure to find but there was always a rub on the fringe...always.

And try finding a MINT boxed Palitoy Turret & Probot or Imperial Attack Base - it's like they don't exist.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
SublevelStudios said:

It was the last figure I needed for my basic loose run and proved to be the most troublesome - yes an easy figure to find but there was always a rub on the fringe...always.

And try finding a MINT boxed Palitoy Turret & Probot or Imperial Attack Base - it's like they don't exist.
True, but if you think those are tough, try finding a mint Palitoy Land of the Jawas! :shock:

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
SublevelStudios said:

Exactly the same as me! Well, not including VCJ. It took me about 2 years to slowly complete my loose set and in all that time I didn't see a Han Bespin without hair rub. Then, in the States, someone listed a few carry cases of figures that had come from an Estate sale. I won one for a silly low bid and the figures were unplayed with and, bizarrely included two mint Han Bespins. I kept one and sold the other, very easily indeed, for £25 :shock: Seems we weren't the only ones who struggled to find one.

And yes, I would love a mint Palitoy Probot set but I don't think they do exist. If a mint, open boxed one came up at auction I can see it going for anything between £300-£400. They're not common to begin with and the ones that do show up are battered, as you know.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom