BBC Star Wars Collecting Article Today

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Just noticed this on the BBC website. Nice to see Mark & Matt being interviewed! 8)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-48093031

UKS

Jedi Knight
Didn't know about that Hanson auction! Thanks!

Stuck a few cheeky bids in.

UKS

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Thanks Cazza, Hansons isn't far from me, be interesting to be at the auction 8)

Thanks for sharing the story :D

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Nice to see a relatively balanced and grounded article about collecting for a change. Thanks to Matt for putting me forward for the article. The Journalist was a really nice chap and even showcased a few bits of my artwork, which he didn't need to do :)

So tempted by that die cast Tie Bomber with the Palitoy sample sticker...

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Interesting read. Well done Mark and Matt. Though I'm not sure about the following statement
"Back in 2013, a vinyl-cloaked Jawa figure sold for £10,200 - and it is believed there could be five more left in the world."
It's going to have every Tom, Dick and Harry with a VCJ outside of the SW community thinking they've got 1 of 5 known £10,000+ VCJs in the world :lol:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
SublevelStudios said:
Nice to see a relatively balanced and grounded article about collecting for a change. Thanks to Matt for putting me forward for the article. The Journalist was a really nice chap and even showcased a few bits of my artwork, which he didn't need to do :)

So tempted by that die cast Tie Bomber with the Palitoy sample sticker...
Current highest bid on the Tie Bomber is £1,400!
I wonder where this will end up?
Some strange groupings, boxed Vintage Micro Collection with Modern Micro Machines in one lot.

The article is great show case for your work Mark.

spoons

Grand Master
That is a good article and Mark comes across really well.

Also a well timed post as I'd forgotten about the Hanson's auction - thanks!

spoons

Grand Master
All over for me, and sad but happy to be the underbidder on that TIE bomber. In the words of Reeves and Mortimer - my wife would have killed me :lol:

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
spoons said:
sad but happy to be the underbidder

Only a fellow collector will understand that feeling! Sorry you didn't get it though, it would have been great in your collection.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
spoons said:
All over for me, and sad but happy to be the underbidder on that TIE bomber. In the words of Reeves and Mortimer - my wife would have killed me :lol:

That's a shame mate. A superb addition it would have been. But certain that's the second one with that sticker to surface. There may be more....

Did anyone win anything today? I could do with a pick up favour!

maxf

Jedi Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Interesting read. Well done Mark and Matt. Though I'm not sure about the following statement
"Back in 2013, a vinyl-cloaked Jawa figure sold for £10,200 - and it is believed there could be five more left in the world."
It's going to have every Tom, Dick and Harry with a VCJ outside of the SW community thinking they've got 1 of 5 known £10,000+ VCJs in the world :lol:

They missed out that it was a palitoy vinyl jawa!

spoons

Grand Master
AndyPreston said:
spoons said:
sad but happy to be the underbidder

Only a fellow collector will understand that feeling! Sorry you didn't get it though, it would have been great in your collection.

ScruffyLookingNH said:
spoons said:

That's a shame mate. A superb addition it would have been. But certain that's the second one with that sticker to surface. There may be more....

Did anyone win anything today? I could do with a pick up favour!

Thanks both and very true words Andy, I actually woke up this morning half hoping to be outbid, but to lose by an increment was hard. Saying that with boxed bombers averaging £1k, £1500 for a sticker is a lot of money.

No more Star Wars but I did bid on the ROM (underbidder again) and I had a few bids on another auction today and was pretty much underbidder on all of those. It wasn't meant to be.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
maxf said:
TheJabbaWookie said:

They missed out that it was a palitoy vinyl jawa!
Yes it's what drives up SW prices and encourages people to think all Star Wars is worth an absolute fortune :(

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
Did you see Jamie Brown (Fuzzy Buzzy Toys) let one go MISB today for £790 on Jabba's Court? Bargain if that Hanson's Auction is anything to go by :eek: :shock:

That may have been the one that sold at Vectis in Sept 2018 for £400 plus fees. Still a cracking buy for a superb item.

coomber75

Sith Lord
spoons said:
didnt even spot the tie bomber... thank god :lol:

spoons

Grand Master
coomber75 said:
spoons said:
didnt even spot the tie bomber... thank god :lol:

:lol: did you bid on anything else?

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
It's an interesting article and not overly negative or positive ike most of them. I think there will be a price correction soon, good news for the people with stuff left to buy bad news for the people with complete sets, but seems as there are no investors on this site value is irrelevant!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom