Original weapons?

Tarkin

Hi, first post.
I have a tin of weapons in my loft, they have been there untouched since the mid eighties, are these all likely to be original? I've heard a lot about repos but don't know when repos started.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Welcome to the forum. I think most people agree that generally repros started to appear in the 90s, but the only real way to know is to check them all individually. If you can post some photos people will be happy to help!

ChallengerFox

Jedi Knight
If by mid 80's you mean 1985 ish then they'll almost certainly be original, late 80's more of a chance of a repro although highly doubtful.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I am not sure when repro started, I started to collect in 2001 and there was repro weapons in 2001. I have heard the first ones came in the 90s. But I do not know if it was in the early or late 90s :? The good thing is they were not any good and many of them was the wrong colour, grey rebel blaster and grey imperial balster etc. etc. :lol:

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
I am not sure when repro started, I started to collect in 2001 and there was repro weapons in 2001. I have heard the first ones came in the 90s. But I do not know if it was in the early or late 90s :? The good thing is they were not any good and many of them was the wrong colour, grey rebel blaster and grey imperial balster etc. etc. :lol:
The lead ones were around in 94 when I started collecting again.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
That's right, I remember seeing these on a yellow display board start to appear around 1990.
I wish I had bought a set of those now!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
That's right, I remember seeing these on a yellow display board start to appear around 1990.
I wish I had bought a set of those now!

wow allready around 1990 :shock: in 2001 when I started to collect there was no problems with finding original weapons and they were cheap, so I did not understand why there was repro in 2001 :shock: I guess it was even more easy to find them in 1990 :? but then again the internet makes it easy to find them and there was not any internet in 1990 if I remember correct or only a few people had internet in 1990 :? I do not even remember how the internet looked like in 1990 :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom