SWFUK

THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 61 LAUNCHED

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Stuart Skinner
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 61 LAUNCHED

Postby Stuart Skinner » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:27 pm

61face.jpg
61face.jpg (186.21 KiB) Viewed 491 times

Episode 61 celebrates The Vintage Rebellion's 5 Year Anniversary. Joining the team to take you through this milestone episode are two special guest hosts which listeners should be familiar with!

Instead of a main focus interview this month, Stuart takes us through an array of stories from a selection of the interviews he has undertaken over the last 60 episodes, we hear from Matthew Fox, Ron Salvatore, Mattias Rendahl and Lee Bullock amongst many others and their memorable tales.

Rebel Briefings sees Richard joined by Brian Angel for a corker of a story, whilst the boys also look at what is going on in the hobby with the amount of new groups springing up and the negativity between some of those groups, what does the future of the hobby hold with the current climate.

Jez brings us his Newest Acquisitions, looking at a multitude of items from Creature Cantina Playsets through to Australian Roller boots and finishing as always with a focal topic, this month it's the B-Wing, Stephen Danley drops by to offer his knowledge on the ship.

Pete continues looking at the B-Wing in 'Beyond The Newest Acquisitions', as the boys realise how little the B-Wing appeared on across the oddball items.

All this plus much more as the boys look at how it all sorted and can Jez not finish bottom of a quiz when there's an extra two people to take that mantle from him... Surely... Maybe...

Enjoy the Show!!!
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/star-wars-vintage-rebellion/id1001257470?mt=2

Cornish_jedi
Regular
Regular

Re: THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 61 LAUNCHED

Postby Cornish_jedi » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:39 pm

Awesome, looking forward to another great episode guys.... my night shifts are starting drag so perfect timing!!

Out of curiosity, are the characters above representative?? ;)

Stuart Skinner
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Stuart Skinner » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:55 pm

Cornish_jedi wrote:Awesome, looking forward to another great episode guys.... my night shifts are starting drag so perfect timing!!

Out of curiosity, are the characters above representative?? ;)

When we first started the show we discussed which figure we most resembled, this was the result from original five hosts

Salacious Crumb - Grant
Hammerhead - Richard
Romba - Me
Rancor Keeper - Pete
Droopy McCool - Ben
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/star-wars-vintage-rebellion/id1001257470?mt=2

lee gray
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lee gray » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:57 pm

i listened to the new groups section and I have to agree, I do feel its more of an ego thing than anything else as there are already plenty of groups out there but the same thing goes for certain collectors who seem to love the limelight and adoration.
I remember a member here made their own forum a good few years back and all of a sudden some of the posts that would have appeared here, then appeared there instead and unless you are in all these groups, forums, you end up missing out.

I like the no nonsense approach of the podcasts and the banter,
especially about the radio . it is a mystery about b wing on the underroos but after checking for a picture of it, if not mentioned it was a B wing, I would have automatically thought it was an X wing...laughed at the roller skate story too

UKS
Regular
Regular

Postby UKS » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:56 pm

Got a looong coach trip tomorrow night - this should see me through that and into the flight! Thanks!

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:28 am

Sounds an awesome episode. Looking forward to it

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Postby edd_jedi » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:05 pm

Congratulations for reaching 5 years! I remember when it was just an idea. Look forward to listening to this one ASAP.

Cazza
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Cazza » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:40 pm

Yay!!!!
Collecting SW since 1980.
"Look Sir, Dubs,"

WANTED LIST viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20916 Looking for Palitoy MOCs

Blueharvestleeds
New User
New User

Postby Blueharvestleeds » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:51 pm

You guys have always been my inspirations, its why I started podcasting. Happy Birthday

theforceuk
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby theforceuk » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:35 pm

5 years, jesus thats a long time to be talking bollocks. :lol:

Congrtats on the success of this and here's to another 5 years. :P
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

Richard_H
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Richard_H » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:06 pm

thanks a lot guys all comments are appreciated :D
Co-host, co-creator, director and stud of SW The Vintage Rebellion podcast
https://www.facebook.com/thevintagerebellion

Check out my interview on http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com/co ... ka-cc4rhu/

BikerScout74
New User
New User

Postby BikerScout74 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:44 pm

Many congratulations on the 5 years, guys. Impressive...Most Impressive! Here's to the next 5 and beyond!

Davaider
Regular
Regular

Postby Davaider » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:58 pm

Well done on the 5 years guys. Can’t imagine how much work and effort goes into this in each podcast.

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:16 pm

Just listening to the groups section. I agree I’ve tried to keep my list of groups to a minimum.

My home on FB will always be Jabba’s Court. I feel they get the balance right between information, discussion and showcase. They have always had a great core at the heart of their admin team in Mark Baker and Nick Rees but have recently made some fantastic appointments in Thomas Gill, Mark Andrews, Stefan Callear and James Kenneison focussing on the wealth of knowledge they bring to the community and their willingness to go above and beyond in the name of research.

James Kenneison and Stefan Callear (aussiejames and walkie on here respectively) barely need an introduction. AJ for the wealth of knowledge he brings to the weapons market as the key contributor to TIG and walkie for the knowledge he brings to variant collecting both on TIG and the FB platforms. More recently the amazing guides Mark Andrews has put up on Squid Head and C-3PO removable limbs on JC, and the knowledge Thomas brings to characters like Luke Jedi.

They always make themselves available for any questions you have and let the dramas play out on the group in a sensible well balanced manner. Well done chaps.

palitoyjunky
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby palitoyjunky » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:12 am

Super congrats on ur 5th bday guys :!: Long may u continue 8)
Looking for mint sealed or unused Palitoy Empire.

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”