THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 61 LAUNCHED

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
61face.jpg

Episode 61 celebrates The Vintage Rebellion's 5 Year Anniversary. Joining the team to take you through this milestone episode are two special guest hosts which listeners should be familiar with!

Instead of a main focus interview this month, Stuart takes us through an array of stories from a selection of the interviews he has undertaken over the last 60 episodes, we hear from Matthew Fox, Ron Salvatore, Mattias Rendahl and Lee Bullock amongst many others and their memorable tales.

Rebel Briefings sees Richard joined by Brian Angel for a corker of a story, whilst the boys also look at what is going on in the hobby with the amount of new groups springing up and the negativity between some of those groups, what does the future of the hobby hold with the current climate.

Jez brings us his Newest Acquisitions, looking at a multitude of items from Creature Cantina Playsets through to Australian Roller boots and finishing as always with a focal topic, this month it's the B-Wing, Stephen Danley drops by to offer his knowledge on the ship.

Pete continues looking at the B-Wing in 'Beyond The Newest Acquisitions', as the boys realise how little the B-Wing appeared on across the oddball items.

All this plus much more as the boys look at how it all sorted and can Jez not finish bottom of a quiz when there's an extra two people to take that mantle from him... Surely... Maybe...

Enjoy the Show!!!

Cornish_jedi

Padawan
Awesome, looking forward to another great episode guys.... my night shifts are starting drag so perfect timing!!

Out of curiosity, are the characters above representative?? ;)

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Cornish_jedi said:
Awesome, looking forward to another great episode guys.... my night shifts are starting drag so perfect timing!!

Out of curiosity, are the characters above representative?? ;)

When we first started the show we discussed which figure we most resembled, this was the result from original five hosts

Salacious Crumb - Grant
Hammerhead - Richard
Romba - Me
Rancor Keeper - Pete
Droopy McCool - Ben

lee gray

Sith Lord
i listened to the new groups section and I have to agree, I do feel its more of an ego thing than anything else as there are already plenty of groups out there but the same thing goes for certain collectors who seem to love the limelight and adoration.
I remember a member here made their own forum a good few years back and all of a sudden some of the posts that would have appeared here, then appeared there instead and unless you are in all these groups, forums, you end up missing out.

I like the no nonsense approach of the podcasts and the banter,
especially about the radio . it is a mystery about b wing on the underroos but after checking for a picture of it, if not mentioned it was a B wing, I would have automatically thought it was an X wing...laughed at the roller skate story too

UKS

Jedi Knight
Got a looong coach trip tomorrow night - this should see me through that and into the flight! Thanks!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Congratulations for reaching 5 years! I remember when it was just an idea. Look forward to listening to this one ASAP.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
5 years, jesus thats a long time to be talking bollocks. :lol:

Congrtats on the success of this and here's to another 5 years. :p

Davaider

Padawan
Well done on the 5 years guys. Can't imagine how much work and effort goes into this in each podcast.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Just listening to the groups section. I agree I've tried to keep my list of groups to a minimum.

My home on FB will always be Jabba's Court. I feel they get the balance right between information, discussion and showcase. They have always had a great core at the heart of their admin team in Mark Baker and Nick Rees but have recently made some fantastic appointments in Thomas Gill, Mark Andrews, Stefan Callear and James Kenneison focussing on the wealth of knowledge they bring to the community and their willingness to go above and beyond in the name of research.

James Kenneison and Stefan Callear (aussiejames and walkie on here respectively) barely need an introduction. AJ for the wealth of knowledge he brings to the weapons market as the key contributor to TIG and walkie for the knowledge he brings to variant collecting both on TIG and the FB platforms. More recently the amazing guides Mark Andrews has put up on Squid Head and C-3PO removable limbs on JC, and the knowledge Thomas brings to characters like Luke Jedi.

They always make themselves available for any questions you have and let the dramas play out on the group in a sensible well balanced manner. Well done chaps.

Vintageviewport

Padawan
Congrats on 5 years of content! Look forward each month to hear what you guys have to say. Hope there's many more years of TVR goodness. By the way, I was dying laughing listening to the the last 5 mins so much, I almost had to pull over :lol:

spoons

Grand Master
Happy Birthday TVR podcast!

A great idea for an anniversary show and excellent to hear Ben and Si back on the show, shame that Grant couldn't make it.

With the clips from past interviews and extra hosts it had a real Blue Peter special feel to it - meant as a compliment

We all appreciate how much work you all put into these shows and I look forward to the next five years!

One question who was laughing like Mutley in the quacking outro? :lol:

Palifan

Sith Lord
Wow, 5 years, that's gone by so quickly and an extra special thank you from me with this months long length podcast as I managed to replace 4 fence panels and gave them all a couple of coats of paint each during listening to it, just what I needed as I worked away in the sunshine :D

The groups section was really interesting and it's amazing how territorial and stressed out some people seem to get about some of these groups. Surely the groups are supposed to be a fun place to go and mix with like minded people? It doesn't make sense to me and that's probably the reason I'm not part of any of them.

Really enjoyed listening to the old interviews as a reminder of some of the many highlights from the last 5 years. Revisiting duckgate was amazing to hear again and a great way to sign off (sorry Richard, hopefully you can see the funny side of it now and remember you are the only member who's been on every show, a real achievement).

One last thing is that I still haven't received my poster and badges from last months podcast so if you're reading this Pete it's a gentle nudge :wink:

All the best guys as ever and keep them coming :D

Ian

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
About half way through, really enjoyed the history of the podcast at the beginning, was really interesting hearing all the stats. I had no idea about the "beef" with the Chivecast, I had to track down the episode to give it a listen! (here if anyone is interested to hear it.)

Richard_H

Grand Master
The mutley laughing was Jez.

You guys have to remember that the outtake is a snippet of something which happened for over an hour. I left and came back to do something and they were still going. Only a Southerner softie would consider that a meltdown.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom