Army Building Thoughts

ChallengerFox

Jedi Knight
Just wondering how many people here are army builders and how many is enough ?

My main focus is Imperials because when I move into my own place my aim is to display them like the Emperor's arrival etc, so far I have about 300

But down the years i've army built on others and i'm thinking do I really need 15 Gamorrean Guards, or 20 Rebel Commandos, or 15 Lograys ? I think at the time my thinking was I may do a Jabba's Palace display or Endor diorama, but i'm thinking of selling these off now to put towards other things but how many do you think is a good amount to keep ? 5 of each ? That way I could still do a mini display diorama if needed.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Personally I'm not a fan of armies unless it's for a purpose like a diorama or to display with a large ship etc. and definitely only for troops. There is only 1 Logray! But I think multiple Gam guards or Rebel Commandos or other troops can look cool. Who doesn't like to see lines of Stormies :) 8)

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
ChallengerFox said:
Just wondering how many people here are army builders and how many is enough ?

My main focus is Imperials because when I move into my own place my aim is to display them like the Emperor's arrival etc, so far I have about 300

But down the years i've army built on others and i'm thinking do I really need 15 Gamorrean Guards, or 20 Rebel Commandos, or 15 Lograys ? I think at the time my thinking was I may do a Jabba's Palace display or Endor diorama, but i'm thinking of selling these off now to put towards other things but how many do you think is a good amount to keep ? 5 of each ? That way I could still do a mini display diorama if needed.

Imperials and Rebels yes make great armies. Others e.g. Gamorrean Guards, yes and no look ok but no where near as good. For duplicates of Lorays etc I have a number of different variants but would never display them as they are a unique character.

ChallengerFox

Jedi Knight
The thing is with the Ewoks though is there is only 8 of them so a bit difficult just to use 8 for a diorama, but I suppose with some imagination Logray and the others could be used as army builders without necessarily being the same character.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
ChallengerFox said:
The thing is with the Ewoks though is there is only 8 of them so a bit difficult just to use 8 for a diorama, but I suppose with some imagination Logray and the others could be used as army builders without necessarily being the same character.

Agree if you have spare hoods etc can add them to other ewoks to look different and with Logray having so many colour variants can make him look like a different one. Was a guy on YouTube years ago use to do that. Shame he stopped posting videos.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I think army building is great, especially with prices at the moment if you pick the right figure it can be very enjoyable and cheap. How many is enough? Only you can answer that. Lots of Lograys is cool.

coomber75

Sith Lord
have to admit im a fan.. started with stormies, the tfps and on to jawas then bundled some bits together for a hoth scene and jabas palace... re enough only you know :D

coomber75

Sith Lord
Just thinking where to go next...

Attachments

• IMG_20190707_223435.jpg
    IMG_20190707_223435.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 797
  • IMG_20190707_223503.jpg
    IMG_20190707_223503.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 796
  • IMG_20190707_223602.jpg
    IMG_20190707_223602.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 798
  • IMG_20190707_223610.jpg
    IMG_20190707_223610.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 794

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I collect variants and I also army build for building a scene or different scenes in the future. But I have enough Royal Guards so I do not army build on them so I sold the extra I picked up. Normally I do not buy figures for army building, when I pick up lots then I just keep many of the figures for army building.

I am also beginning to think I have enough bespin guards, I guess lando did not have a huge army of guards :?

I do not army build on ewoks, there is enough variants between them so I do not need to army build with ewoks :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom