SWTOTW, Week 28, 2019, Part 2/2 Han Solo (Bespin Outfit)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Han Solo (Bespin Outfit):

solo.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mr Solo in Bespin, is it? OK then!

As a child, I loved this figure. Yes his legs were wrong since he didn't have black boots, but to be fair, Kenner weren't exactly sticklers for accuracy in either their figure sculpts or colour schemes, so who cares? This was a terrific figure! Not a brilliant Harrison Ford likeness perhaps, but still a damn sight better than the old balloon head Han which had replaced poor old Pin Head Han in the Star Wars line. This was a great figure with his cool new long-sleeved jacket, proving Han did have a change of clothes ;-). My only real complaint about it was that they gave him the wrong sodding gun! Since when does Han use a Bespin blaster?! That REALLY annoyed me in 1980, and it still grates today! For that reason, I am quite happy to display my Han Bespins with rebel blasters if the fancy takes me, and Kenner can go boil their (balloon) heads! :lol:

Anyway, here are mine. The four on the left have various degrees of pronouncement of shirt folds on their chests, different belt sculpts and different hair shades, and the two on the right are both Lili Ledy variants, complete with hair covering Han's ears and, in the case of the one on the extreme right (no, not Hitler), much darker legs:

Wrong Gun - 01.jpg

Wrong Gun - 02.jpg

Wrong Gun - 03.jpg

Wrong Gun - 04.jpg

Wrong Gun - 05.jpg

Wrong Gun - 06.jpg

Wrong Gun - 07.jpg

Wrong Gun - 08.jpg

Wrong Gun - 09.jpg

Wrong Gun - 10.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:

As a child, I loved this figure. Yes his legs were wrong since he didn't have black boots, but to be fair, Kenner weren't exactly sticklers for accuracy in either their figure sculpts or colour schemes, so who cares? This was a terrific figure! Not a brilliant Harrison Ford likeness perhaps, but still a damn sight better than the old balloon head Han which had replaced poor old Pin Head Han in the Star Wars line. This was a great figure with his cool new long-sleeved jacket, proving Han did have change of clothes ;-). My only real complaint about it was that they gave him the wrong sodding gun! Since when does Han use a Bespin blaster?! That REALLY annoyed me in 1980, and it still grates today! For that reason, I am quite happy to display my Han Bespins with rebel blasters if the fancy takes me, and Kenner can go boil their (balloon) heads! :lol:

Anyway, here are mine. The four on the left have various degrees of pronouncement of shirt folds on their chests, different belt sculpts and different hair shades, and the two on the right are both Lili Ledy variants, complete with hair covering Han's ears and, in the case of the one on the extreme right (no, not Hitler), much darker legs:

Wrong Gun - 01.jpg

Wrong Gun - 02.jpg

Wrong Gun - 03.jpg

Wrong Gun - 04.jpg

Wrong Gun - 05.jpg

Wrong Gun - 06.jpg

Wrong Gun - 07.jpg

Wrong Gun - 08.jpg

Wrong Gun - 09.jpg

Wrong Gun - 10.jpg

As a child I never had the solo bespin figure :( But I agree the head looks much more like solo than the first solo figure :lol: ok this is the first time I think about the black boots is missing :oops: but still a great figure, I think they choose the bespin blaster because solo is on bespin in that outfit, but I also do not remember him with a bespin blaster in the movie, so wrong blaster. Awesome lot of variants, cool to so 2 lili ledy and that one with dark legs, awesome collection, thanks for sharing them :D

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
Not a brilliant Harrison Ford likeness perhaps, but still a damn sight better than the old balloon head Han which had replaced poor old Pin Head Han in the Star Wars line.
No way. For some reason I've never really liked this figure, and funnily enough large head Han has always been a favourite of mine... effortlessly cool in black and white.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Here's mine. He's a hard figure to find in good nic.

Attachments

• 450B7EEC-22E6-403A-995B-BBC4626D687C.jpeg
    450B7EEC-22E6-403A-995B-BBC4626D687C.jpeg
    69.3 KB · Views: 837
  • 1AE1C1F7-F498-41BE-ABCE-24D4E2704455.jpeg
    1AE1C1F7-F498-41BE-ABCE-24D4E2704455.jpeg
    44.8 KB · Views: 837
  • 3BD7C619-DC46-448C-BA79-346404EF0D73.jpeg
    3BD7C619-DC46-448C-BA79-346404EF0D73.jpeg
    48.4 KB · Views: 835

BikerScout74

Padawan
Bespin Han is cool! Seeing this post makes me want to pick up another for my collection to display with the rebel blaster! Thanks for sharing! :)

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:

As a child, I loved this figure. Yes his legs were wrong since he didn't have black boots, but to be fair, Kenner weren't exactly sticklers for accuracy in either their figure sculpts or colour schemes, so who cares? This was a terrific figure! Not a brilliant Harrison Ford likeness perhaps, but still a damn sight better than the old balloon head Han which had replaced poor old Pin Head Han in the Star Wars line. This was a great figure with his cool new long-sleeved jacket, proving Han did have a change of clothes ;-). My only real complaint about it was that they gave him the wrong sodding gun! Since when does Han use a Bespin blaster?! That REALLY annoyed me in 1980, and it still grates today! For that reason, I am quite happy to display my Han Bespins with rebel blasters if the fancy takes me, and Kenner can go boil their (balloon) heads! :lol:

Wrong Gun - 01.jpg

Wrong Gun - 02.jpg

Wrong Gun - 03.jpg

Wrong Gun - 04.jpg

Wrong Gun - 05.jpg

Wrong Gun - 06.jpg

Wrong Gun - 07.jpg

Wrong Gun - 08.jpg

Wrong Gun - 09.jpg

Wrong Gun - 10.jpg

Great collection thanks for sharing

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
Snaketibe said:
Not a brilliant Harrison Ford likeness perhaps, but still a damn sight better than the old balloon head Han which had replaced poor old Pin Head Han in the Star Wars line.
No way. For some reason I've never really liked this figure, and funnily enough large head Han has always been a favourite of mine... effortlessly cool in black and white.
Each to their own, but I've never liked big head Han. If only they'd reduced the head size 10% and given it a centre parting, I'd probably like it more, but the head is just too damn big for that skinny body, and the hair is just flat wrong! :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Ok here are my collection

on the first picture, the figure in the middle is my lili ledy.

P1180798.JPG

P1180799.JPG

P1180800.JPG

My moc

01.jpg

02.jpg

and my cardbacks

P1180801.JPG

P1180802.JPG

P1180803.JPG

P1180804.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom