• Death Star from Palitoy

Votes: 27 60.0%
  • Ewok Village Action Playset

Votes: 18 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Last round, the Final is between the Death Star from Palitoy and Ewok Village Action Playset.

Choose 1 playset from the list

The winner will be Forum Playset of the Year 2019

Voting Closes 15.49 on 24th July UK time

Let the Vote Begin

Pomse2001

Grand Master
02 (2).jpg

02.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Two worthy finalists, but for me the Palitoy Death Star has to be the winner. The Ewok Village is a terrific toy with lots of play value, but the Palitoy Death Star is in a league of its own; as elegant as it is beautiful, as simple as it is ingenious, as fun to use as it is easy to assemble. The box art is fabulous, the detail on the cardboard panels wonderful, with attention even being paid to the underside, which looks brilliant! It is quite simply a magnificent toy, and a template Kenner and Hasbro could and should have mirrored for other playsets.

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Palitoy Death Star every time for me! Simply the best toy in the action figure line, ever. The design is just perfect, from the assembly, the layout, the graphics, and how the rooms interconnect logically with one another. I loved mine as a kid, and still do :D

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Can't believe the love for Death Star, then again can't believe I've voted for the Ewok Village. :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Wow this is a hard one ewok village the best playset in plastic and the palitoy death star the best set in cardboard :?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Wow this is a hard one ewok village the best playset in plastic and the palitoy death star the best set in cardboard :?

Death Star has got it I reckon, bring on the vehicle of the year!

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I really can't believe how close this is!
My favourite (of these two) is most definitely the Space Bears Treehouse but I assumed that it would have been slaughtered by the Death Star.
Come on the Treehouse...

Pomse2001

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
Pomse2001 said:

Death Star has got it I reckon, bring on the vehicle of the year!

I agree, but a lot can still happen. But it looks like today death star will win, after the first 25 votes it looked more like 50/50.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Mini99 said:
I really can't believe how close this is!
My favourite (of these two) is most definitely the Space Bears Treehouse but I assumed that it would have been slaughtered by the Death Star.
Come on the Treehouse...

Me too! I'm a Death Star man myself- think it's absolutely awesome and the fact it was a UK Palitoy design makes it even more special.

UKS

Jedi Knight
I'm a plastic tree man myself. Loved the set as a kid and so versatile play wise.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I think the Death Star has it, lot's of members still haven't voted though............

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Palitoy Death Star is the winner with 60% of votes and is now Forum Playset of the Year 2019 :D thanks guys for all the votes

FearfulElectricAdmiralbutterfly-size_restricted.gif

02 (2).jpg

Attachments

• 02 (2).jpg
    02 (2).jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 621

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
A worthy winner! I'm a little surprised that a cardboard playset has won but I can't argue with either its iconic design or play value.

lejackal

Grand Master
Thanks for running this Lars, it's been outstanding!

Now go and have a well earned rest before the next iteration

Latest posts

Top Bottom