VECTIS AUCTION - Thursday 26th September

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Hi all,

As I've already had a few messages about it over the past few weeks, I thought I should write an open letter to you guys to let you know my collection is indeed moving on...

I've decided to sell the majority of my collection. My wife and I, after 23 years of marriage have decided to part ways and as part of my wish to keep her and the kids in the family home we've made for the last eighteen of those years, I've decided to let the collection go in the hope that the sale can part fund that wish.

As many of you know, I've built my collection over many, many years and with great passion for the toys and the hobby at large. The kids though have to come first and I can always buy toys again when I'm even older and I know the kids are safe and comfortable.

A few guys have been in touch already as it is in part a very recognisable collection, so thank you for the kind words; they've been greatly appreciated. Apologies to anyone that I didn't reply to, or message personally to let them know, it's been a very stressful time as I'm sure you'd expect.

A big chunk of my stuff makes up the lots in the second half of the auction on Thursday 26th; you won't miss it, there's an awful lot of Han Solo items!

Im not planning on checking out of the hobby altogether, but while I'm getting straight I'm sure I'll be quite quiet for a few months at least.

I hope that some of you will get some pleasure from some of the items that are going to be available and good luck if you bid!

Hope to see you all at an event in the new year, maybe even at Xmas once everything has settled down

maxf

Jedi Master
Sorry to hear that mate, but it sounds like you've got your priorities bang on... you can always buy more toys in the future but getting a clean break you're happy with, and ensuring the children are minimally disrupted is hugely important.

Good luck with the sale and also the future.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
So sorry to hear this. I hope you can get back to a settled state as quickly as possible.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Sorry to read this news...
It looks like you have your priorities sorted though.
I wish you all the best for the future and that your items do well at auction so that it enables you to put your plans into action.
Come back when you are ready.
All the best. Nick.

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
I'm really sorry to hear that Steve, I know how passionate you are about collecting and it must be a real wrench to part with some of the fantastic items that you have. However, you've definitely made the right choice - there's more to life than a hobby, and I'm sure your kids will greatly appreciate and respect you for that decision in years to come.

All the best mate and I'm sure there are plenty of us who will be keen to help you start off your collecting journey again once you're settled.

Cheers, Andy

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Really sorry to hear that Steve after such a long marriage and time collecting. Best of luck with the Vectis sale and the future, hope to see you remain in the hobby.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
As above, really sorry. Can't be easy, hope the kids are ok. Best of luck for the future.

coomber75

Sith Lord
Sad to hear but very understandable!! I will probably be making a donation as I need a han!

Palifan

Sith Lord
That's sad news to here Steve about your marriage and also splitting your amazing collection up but as all have said it's absolutely the right thing to do and at least you've had a chance to really enjoy your Han collection.

I really hope that you and your family are coping with everything as best you can and although I'm sure it's a very tough time at the moment it will always get better. You also have another family of sorts here on the forum so do keep in touch with us all here and know that you'll always have support should you need it.

I didn't realise it was your collection that was listed on Vectis but I could see that it was someone who was letting go of their Han focus and hopefully some of these pieces will find their way back amongst the forum.

All the very best with the future and I'm sure you will posting again on here before you know it. :D

Ian

Richard_H

Grand Master
Sad to hear that Steve. My partner and I (also about 23 years) ended our relationship at some point last year. We're the other way around where the kids wanted to stay with me and so she moved out. I know how you feel. Take care.

spoons

Grand Master
Really sorry to see this Steve, hope the kids haven't taken the breakup too badly. Good luck with the sale

Didn't know that you had split either Rich, must have been a tough time for you

Plastikheld

Jedi Knight
Oh no, really sad to read this, Stephen. Hope you and your family will go unscathed through this.
Don't worry about the collection. These are just "things". Even if you won't buy it all back, it might also be a nice memory to flip through pictures of your former collection and enjoy to see what you hunted down back in the days.
Good luck with the sale!

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Steve,

As someone who has been there I know how hard it is. Star Wars will always be here mate, and as long as you have those wonderful movies you will always have it in your life. It sounds as though it is quite an amicable situation and credit to you and your wife for putting the kids first. Trust me.mate, I lost everything in 2004 and I felt like my life was collapsing, but I can safely say that the woman i was married to was nothing like yours and was intent on destroying me even though the reason for he split was her infidelity.

You will need your friends mate, and we will all be here for you. You do need a break that's for sure but just remember we are always here. If you need anything please let.me.know.

Richard the same.to you.mate - if you need anything just ask.

Lee

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
I think I can speak for many here and on the 'collecting circuit' when I say it's great to hear you're not going anywhere :)

Best of luck Steve, 1st beer on me next time I see you.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Steve, I just looked at the Vectis Auction catalogue, and as you mention - it is very obvious where your collection starts in the auction! An amazing array and I am sure it will do well and help you out at this difficult time.

I am sorry to hear of your separation. We haven't met in person but in conversation and podcasts you have always seemed like a very reasonable and likeable fellow. You're also physically fit and a handsome chap and so if that time comes to start dating again I am sure you'll be quite a catch! Do keep your chin up and remember that bright new beginnings often come disguised as painful endings.

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
All the best for Thursday and beyond Steve, I echo everyone's sentiments above. You have some lovely items up for auction and I hope they do really, really well for you! (Except for the ones I'm bidding on obviously!) And when the dust settles (or even before!) hopefully you'll be out for a beer very soon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom