Dark Brown Gaffi Stick Check

MightyMike

Padawan
Bit of a basic question, but wanted to check

When doing the dreaded float test (especially with a Gaffi stick), it shouldn't need to be delicately placed on top of the water should it? I know with some parts you need to do this but not as a general rule?

And it should return to the top when pushed down, and not sink to the bottom?

I've got one that is slightly darker than my others and didn't know if a dark brown variant responds differently? The top one is the suspect part and hopefully you can see the slight colour change?

Gaffi.JPG

Pomse2001

Grand Master
MightyMike said:
Bit of a basic question, but wanted to check

When doing the dreaded float test (especially with a Gaffi stick), it shouldn't need to be delicately placed on top of the water should it? I know with some parts you need to do this but not as a general rule?

And it should return to the top when pushed down, and not sink to the bottom?

I've got one that is slightly darker than my others and didn't know if a dark brown variant responds differently? The top one is the suspect part and hopefully you can see the slight colour change?

Gaffi.JPG

I am sure the last time I did a test all my original goes to the surface and repro goes to the bottom of this stick. It should return to the top if you push it down. I can do another test tonight to be sure.

MightyMike

Padawan
Thanks for the offer, but don't worry

Mine float as but you know how some sellers insist that some original will sink. Just wanted to see if there were cases of dark brown sticks sinking. It just didn't feel right as soon as I had it hand

Seller offered a full refund anyway so no big issue

Pomse2001

Grand Master
MightyMike said:
Thanks for the offer, but don't worry

Mine float as but you know how some sellers insist that some original will sink. Just wanted to see if there were cases of dark brown sticks sinking. It just didn't feel right as soon as I had it hand

Seller offered a full refund anyway so no big issue

Great you got a refund :wink: I have checked mine and they float, but always remember push them down under the water sometimes repro can float if you just place them on the top of the water. But also remember some of the new repro weapons does not sink :( So water test only remove some weapons. But if you can ID it as repro then there is no problem. But if the water test does not tell you it is repro then go to one of the next test because then they can be new and better repro.

But if you ask me water test is always the best test to do as the first test, then you can always go to another test and another test if you are still not sure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom