SWTOTW, Week 37, 2019, Part 1/2 Gamorrean Guard

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Gamorrean Guard:

guard.jpeg

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
One of my favourite figures is the Gamorrean Guard, think it's because ROTJ was the first SW film I saw at the Cinema.......here are mine :D
20190914_164057.jpg

20190914_164141.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Ruby2511 said:
One of my favourite figures is the Gamorrean Guard, think it's because ROTJ was the first SW film I saw at the Cinema.......here are mine :D
20190914_164057.jpg
20190914_164141.jpg
Excellent stuff! Thanks for sharing :)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
The good old Pig Guard, eh? This is a great figure of a terrific creature design from 'Return of the Jedi'. Personally, I think the characters / creatures Lucasfilm came up with for the film were brilliant, and IMHO were even better than those from the cantina scene in Star Wars (although to be fair, some of those masks weren't designed for the film, but were instead 'off the shelf' ones. For Jedi, all the designs were new).

But back to the Gamorrean Guard! The figure looks like it's supposed to and comes with a great axe, which was a nice bit of variety from the usual blasters and staffs. As for variants, there are a few interesting ones to be found. I have 6 with an assortment of different skin, body and armour shades:

Friar Tuck - 01.jpg

Friar Tuck - 02.jpg

Friar Tuck - 03.jpg

Friar Tuck - 04.jpg

Friar Tuck - 05.jpg

Friar Tuck - 06.jpg

Friar Tuck - 07.jpg

Friar Tuck - 08.jpg

Friar Tuck - 09.jpg

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
The good old Pig Guard, eh? This is a great figure of a terrific creature design from 'Return of the Jedi'. Personally, I think the characters / creatures Lucasfilm came up with for the film were brilliant, and IMHO were even better than those from the cantina scene in Star Wars (although to be fair, some of those masks weren't designed for the film, but were instead 'off the shelf' ones. For Jedi, all the designs were new).

But back to the Gamorrean Guard! The figure looks like it's supposed to and comes with a great axe, which was a nice bit of variety from the usual blasters and staffs. As for variants, there are a few interesting ones to be found. I have 6 with an assortment of different skin, body and armour shades:

Friar Tuck - 01.jpg

Friar Tuck - 02.jpg

Friar Tuck - 03.jpg

Friar Tuck - 04.jpg

Friar Tuck - 05.jpg

Friar Tuck - 06.jpg

Friar Tuck - 07.jpg

Friar Tuck - 08.jpg

Friar Tuck - 09.jpg

Nice collection you have their 8)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Ruby2511 said:
Snaketibe said:

Nice collection you have their 8)
Thank you :)

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Cazza said:
Recently got this guy from Matt Fox. Ex shop stock. One of my favourite ROTJ figures.20190901_095208.jpg

That is a beauty Cazza, lovely condition 8) 8) 8)

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Picked up my carded figure off of eBay for £40.04 including postage.The card has a few creases and the bubble has yellowed but it's fully sealed and ding free.

The Gamorrean Guard holds a bit of a special place in my heart as it's one of my only real SW childhood memories. The GG was the only figure I can remember getting a duplicate of as a child and so having a dilemma as to whether to open it up or take it back to the shop and exchange it. I elected to keep it as I really liked the figure, and it became my one and only army builder figure (we'll 1 of 2 anyway) :lol:

Plus my one loose army builder now :D

Attachments

• BF43E927-C4D6-4029-8AE1-CF08801DE6A5.jpeg
    BF43E927-C4D6-4029-8AE1-CF08801DE6A5.jpeg
    238.3 KB · Views: 949
  • C4127830-DBD8-4B11-BCA9-27770F27DA26.jpeg
    C4127830-DBD8-4B11-BCA9-27770F27DA26.jpeg
    177.2 KB · Views: 927
  • 3EBD6730-7F0B-40BE-AF1A-CD8E46B2AD86.jpeg
    3EBD6730-7F0B-40BE-AF1A-CD8E46B2AD86.jpeg
    91.9 KB · Views: 925
  • 91DFF144-9EF3-4C87-BDCE-3BD213ADBD45.jpeg
    91DFF144-9EF3-4C87-BDCE-3BD213ADBD45.jpeg
    54.7 KB · Views: 925

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
Picked up my carded figure off of eBay for £40.04 including postage.The card has a few creases and the bubble has yellowed but it's fully sealed and ding free.

The Gamorrean Guard holds a bit of a special place in my heart as it's one of my only real SW childhood memories. The GG was the only figure I can remember getting a duplicate of as a child and so having a dilemma as to whether to open it up or take it back to the shop and exchange it. I elected to keep it as I really liked the figure, and it became my one and only army builder figure (we'll 1 of 2 anyway) :lol:
What a bargain! That's great price for a great MOC.

Thanks for sharing :)

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:

Very nice 8)

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Thanks fellas- very pleased with it.

JabbaWookie - total bargain! Very nice indeed. Finding one with a clear bubble is pretty tricky though!

Jeremy, how many loose figures do you own?!

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Cazza said:

JabbaWookie - total bargain! Very nice indeed. Finding one with a clear bubble is pretty tricky though!

One or two... :lol:

Excluding doubles, my current variant haul stands at 453, but some of those need upgrading.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Snaketibe said:
Cazza said:

One or two... :lol:

Excluding doubles, my current variant haul stands at 453, but some of those need upgrading.

:shock:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Ruby2511 said:
20190914_164057.jpg
20190914_164141.jpg

Lovely army of gamorrean guards 8) I can see they do their job, protecting the mighty jabba the hutt :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:

Friar Tuck - 01.jpg

Friar Tuck - 02.jpg

Friar Tuck - 03.jpg

Friar Tuck - 04.jpg

Friar Tuck - 05.jpg

Friar Tuck - 06.jpg

Friar Tuck - 07.jpg

Friar Tuck - 08.jpg

Friar Tuck - 09.jpg

I agree the gamorrean guard looks like it's supposed to :D I love your army of variants of the gamorrean guard and all the great info and pictures :D Thanks for sharing them :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:

Wow nice moc and a great price that you paid for it :D also the figure looks nice and mint, thanks for sharing them :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom