THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 64 LAUNCHED

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
facebook64.jpg

The Vintage Rebellion welcome Andrew Preston and Mark Daniels to take us through Episode 64 as this months rotating guests.

Alistair Kirkland takes Stuart and Richard through his expansive and impressive collection during this months main interview, Stuart's delighted as Alistair is a Sigma nut who has recently finished his Sigma run.

Rich is joined by Ben Sheehan as they take a look at the new book from Kim Simmons. As well as this Rich guides us through his time at the Star Wars Annual event before celebrating the fact that Farthest From has a Christmas date.

Pete continues his License to thrill section, this month looking at a license close to his heart and focus, Deka.

NA sees the lads look at a whole array of items including Walkie Talkies, Huffy Push Bikes and Knitted Cardigans and finishes with a focal look at Boba Fett.

All this plus the usual quizzes, Rapid Fire and a countdown to the awesome Echo Live event.

And much more inbetween.

Enjoy the Show!!!

Show Time Stamps
0.00.53 Welcomes
0.03.31 Thank You To The Listeners
0.04.48 Trailer Discussion (Ep9 and Madalorian)
0.11.57 Echo Live
0.14.18 Chance Meeting with Stuart Freeborn
0.23.02 TVR Acquisitions
0.37.49 Quiz
1.06.00 Rebel Briefings
1.06.55 Interview with Ben Sheehan (Kim Simmons Book)
1.33.17 Star Wars Annual Review
2.09.57 Farthest From Announced
2.15.09 Interview with Alistair Kirkland
3.14.51 License To Thrill : Deka
3.44.32 Newest Acquisitions
3.44.48 NA - Sears Diecast Landspeeder Mailer
3.45.46 NA - Boba Fett Hand Knitted Cardigan
3.48.33 NA - Toy Toni Gamorrean Guard
3.53.43 NA - Huffy Push Bike
4.01.59 NA - Oral B Store Display
4.07.25 NA - Sheet Music
4.13.20 NA - Ralph McQuarrie ESB Portfolio
4.17.49 NA - Actone Walkie Talkies
4.20.41 NA - Main Topic : Boba Fett
4.53.56 Star Wars Tracker Top 5
4.55.27 From The Vault : From Ep22 with Brian Rachfal and Brendi Burton
5.31.51 Rapid Fire with Alistair Kirkland
5.34.55 Going for Gold Leader
5.37.25 Feedback
5.43.12 Podcast Departure
5.44.53 Goodbyes
5.46.58 Out Takes

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Firstly, may I take this opportunity to say a massive thank you to Stu for all his work on the podcast, gutted to see you hanging your mic up mate, but wish you all the best for whatever the future will bring.

What a pleasure and honour it was to have been asked on the show, enjoyed every minute of it :) Half way through listening now, always hard to listen to your own voice :D Eurgh! Do I really sound like that?!

Can't beleive I got that Going For Gold question right :D

spoons

Grand Master
Managed to listen to this one a bit quicker than the past two. Really like the new format, Mark and Andy did a great job and such a shame that Stu is leaving. Replacing Stu as host is going to be a tough job for someone.

Particularly sad as I was just starting to enjoy Stu and Rich's new feature - things you would get your head kicked in for in the northeast.

Interesting that knitted jumpers have an age cut off for beatings

Look forward to the next one

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Very sad to hear that the host with the most, Stu Skinner, is hanging up his microphone. Stu you've been brilliant, and you deserve far more than a Spice Girls send off! I do hope that you return back to the podcast in cameo form some day...

Andy and Mark good to hear from both of you boys, you brought some great knowledge to the table! You even came close to making Deka seem a bit interesting. But no I still wont be buying any. :D

Well done all!

Plastikheld

Jedi Knight
Great Episode again, guys. As said before - Mark and Andy doing great.
But a real shocker at the end: Stuart quits! No, no, that's not true, that's impossible ... noooooo :eek:
Hope you will return one day - thanks for your work and your efforts on the by far best Star Wars Vintage collecting podcast out there.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Great episode guys. I like the way Pete's new Lucense to Thrill section is shaping up. I'm learning something every episode. Great interview with Ben Sheenan Rich. Really look forward to getting a copy of the book at some point.

Totally gutted by the news at the end but totally understand you need a break to recharge your batteries Stu. Still laughing at the clumsy way I blundered in and learnt about your departure over breakfast in the Holiday Inn at Echo.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Gutted to hear that Stuart is leaving, good luck with your future ventures and thanks for all of the time and hard work you have put into the podcast.

Great show this month lads, the last two months guest presenters done an amazing job.

If I'm honest sometimes I get frustrated collecting vintage (very interesting point that vintage prices have gone up more than gold over the last few years) but each month the podcast sets me straight and gets me back into it.

Interesting conversation about the Rocket Fett.
It's such a sad story about the child who choked, Robert Jeffrey Warren, I think when you give him a name it makes the story all the more tragic. That could have been any one of us. Incredibly sad story.

One thing I could never understand about the RFF is why would a rocket pack fire a rocket? Surely the rocket is there to propel BF into the air? If he shot his rocket how would he get airborne? Am I missing something?

I still have my original Fett and although I don't have any memories of playing with him as a kid I reckon I must have liked him as he's pretty beat up compared to the other figures.

Great interview with Ban Sheehan, the Kim Simmons book looks very interesting, also a tantalising mention of a Kellerman second print run which never happened!

I've had a look at Alistair Kirkland's collection on the forum and I'm blown away, some amazing stuff on display. Great Collection.

Looking forward to next months podcast. I also love hearing Richard talking about the North East in the 70's/80's , the funny thing is he is't making it up! Funnier still it always makes me homesick.

Great work guys. All the best Stu.

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Enjoyed listening this month - I never enjoy hearing the sound of my own voice but hope I came over OK! Great to listen to the bits that weren't covered when we recorded, the interview with Ben Sheehan was great, and particularly the main interview with Alistair, he's got an amazing collection and many of the same collecting focuses as me, so really enjoyed that one.

Stu, challenge accepted - I've been racking my brains for Weequay items and there really are not many! He appears prominently on the Trilogo AST-5 box, and is also on the Tatooine Skiff box. Other than stickers and trading cards however, the only places I can find him featured are one of the ROTJ lobby cards...
2019-05-05 09.34.46.jpg

...and a Don Post mask.
IMG_6050.jpg

Otherwise I can only echo what everyone else has said. Stu, you've been a massive part of the podcast since the very start, built it up into the fantastic show that it is, and it can't be the same without you. Thank you for all you've done and all the very best for the future. However, anyone who chooses the Spice Girls for his goodbye music has to be questioned so on that note perhaps it's the right time to go! :wink:

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Just finished- another cracking episode. Andy and Mark, you did a great job as guest presenters 8) Absolutely gutted to hear you're departing though, Stu :( . You have been the glue that has held the show together- your interviews are always insightful and entertaining and the production has become very slick and accomplished over the years. Thanks for all your hard work- very much appreciated by all us listeners! As above though- you definitely needed a better send off!!!!

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Great show as usual Guys 8) Stu am v sorry to hear ur stepping off centre stage :( massive void to now fill for sure mate! Will miss ur humour and banter and how well u ran the show 8) Am also sorry to hear of ur sister and hope she will win her battle :!: All the best for all ur future ventures and look forward to seeing u at the coming shows :D

I loved ur insight Rich to ur USA trip, sounded so exciting 8) What a great thing for making new friends SW is.

Really enjoyed hearing the story about the J slot Rocket Fett with the two missiles, unique baggie and mailer box-even though I have heard the tale b4 8)

Great interviews as always.

Regarding the quiz, I was screaming Leia for the first 10 New Hope characters :!: Can't believe u guys got Imperial Comm and missed Leia :lol:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Phew finally finished it! Took quite a few sittings this one. Really enjoyed the main interview, will have to go and check out his limelight thread, I don't recall seeing half the items mentioned. Also enjoyed hearing the Rocket Fett story again, a future classic collecting tale for sure. Also very sad to hear about your sudden departure Stu, I hope there is a send off for you in the next episode! And great job by the guest hosts, you both sounded a lot more interesting and knowledgeable than me :lol:

Cornish_jedi

Padawan
Better late than never.....

As always a fantasic show and still very privillaged to be part of this episode and Stu's last in the at the pilots seat. Stuart, I can only echo what I know others have already expressed, and that you a been a massive part of the show and can't believed you have these characters in command :lol: :lol: Don't become a stranger MTFBWY

Thank you for the comments on my collection and I hope to add some pics up sooon....

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Thanks for another great bit of vintage indulgence. And thanks to Stu for everything. May your other endevours bring you joy.

Taffius

Sith Lord
Just finished this one and as all have stated already, thanks for everything Stuart and will miss your huge part in its production. Hopefully catch up at an event somewhere again in the future. Presenters and interview were really informing.

Great content and loved the Fett article from the vault again too. Onto #65.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom