Poll threads

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
I'm probably going to get lynched for this opinion but I just feel I need to see if I'm the only one who feels this way...if I am, I'll pack my bags :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just feel recently that the 'figure of the week' or 'vehicle of the week' posts are starting to clog up the forum a bit too much IMO. I feel other posts are getting lost in the plethora of poll posts that are up ATM.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against polls or the idea BUT I do think it needs to be a little less.

chrisfnx

Jedi Knight
They are great, I've voted in most of them, appreciate the thought and effort behind them, but I do agree with what you're saying too

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Thanks fellas. They are fab and a totally worthwhile venture that add to the forum. Lars puts in a tremendous amount of time and effort getting them together. However, we are in the process of finding a solution where we can collate them and put them together somewhere safe, thus freeing up the Vintage Collecting Chat section a bit.

lejackal

Grand Master
As Cazza said we're working on a solution behind the scenes already so very much watch this space........now if you wouldn't mind completing a short satisfaction survey :lol:

Plastikheld

Jedi Knight
Same here. Love the polls (kudos to Lars) but one might miss other threads between them.
Just put em in a section "Poll threads". :wink:

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I agree, Vintage collecting chat has just turned into whatever of the week. There's nothing else on there. It's prob discouraging people from starting threads about other things. Maybe it needs its own section or a sticky thread, dunno. No disrespect to Lars or anyone else but I do think it's become too much. Variety is always a good option :)

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I love polls, the forum would be a ghost town without them. A Poll section would be a good idea though.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
I love the polls and the FOTW and agree that the forum would be a much quieter place without them. But I also do know what you mean, especially if someone adds a load of photos to a number of threads in the FOTW when they've just taken photos of collection (guilty of it myself once upon a time).

Sounds like plans are afoot to help. Well done the new mod team.

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
I think Poles are great - did a wonderful job installing my kitchen at a very reasonable price.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Lom said:
I think Poles are great - did a wonderful job installing my kitchen at a very reasonable price.

:lol: :lol:
Yeah ok I can't spell, english language is stupid anyway. :oops:

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
theforceuk said:
Lom said:

:lol: :lol:
Yeah ok I can't spell, english language is stupid anyway. :oops:
Wasn't having a dig mate, hadn't even read previous posts!

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
theforceuk said:
I love polls, the forum would be a ghost town without them. A Poll section would be a good idea though.

That's depressing. :?

Use to be a place of legendary banter and knowledge. :|

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
Good idea for a sticky for all polls, I love them by the way well done Lars for all your hard work, really enjoying voting ,
I'm sure the forum will pick up again, think there are always peeks and troughs with Star Wars, after the hype of the last 10 years I think the hobby is stabilising a bit who knows one day I might even be able to afford vintage again like the good old days 80s 90s :lol:
Always liked this forum, too old for face book etc :D
I used to visit this forum long before I joined and there really used to be some crazy **** on here back then …. :lol:

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Firstly, you have to appreciate the amount of work that Lars is putting into these polls, which is commendable and shows his commitment to the hobby and the way he is trying to stimulate interest and as Grant mentioned, bring back the legendary banter :D

Polls are great for some and not for others so collating into a thread will keep everyone happy.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Michael Sith said:
Firstly, you have to appreciate the amount of work that Lars is putting into these polls, which is commendable and shows his commitment to the hobby and the way he is trying to stimulate interest and as Grant mentioned, bring back the legendary banter :D

That's absolutely not in question and I do not want to look as though I'm bashing someone who clearly puts time, effort and passion into his posts - forum members like Lars are worth their weight in gold.

My point is I think the polls are taking presidence over the ususal chat and varaition in threads we used to have, and other stuff is simply getting lost. I just think a sub-section for the polls is needed to free up this section again.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
SublevelStudios said:
Michael Sith said:

That's absolutely not in question and I do not want to look as though I'm bashing someone who clearly puts time, effort and passion into his posts - forum members like Lars are worth their weight in gold.

My point is I think the polls are taking presidence over the ususal chat and varaition in threads we used to have, and other stuff is simply getting lost. I just think a sub-section for the polls is needed to free up this section again.

Wasn't having a go mate, I agree with what your saying as do most just needs tidying up so we can benefit from polls without clogging the forum up :)

UKS

Jedi Knight
I really like them. They also bring life to a pretty quiet forum.

So I say - more please!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Grant_C said:
theforceuk said:

That's depressing. :?

Use to be a place of legendary banter and knowledge. :|

I think it's getting better, I've noticed you have been more active lately? Or is that just me. I don't know really, when you think about a lot of long term members don't post that often any more. I guess everyone has stuff going on at different times and perhaps that's the best thing about the forum, members will always return after time, like they were never gone. :)

The recent polls have really stimulated the forum and we have Lars to thank for that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom