Die cast X-Rays

spoons

Grand Master
Mentioned that I was getting my TIE mailer X-rayed at work to a few people this weekend, so for those interested here are the results. A TIE!

It's clearly the first issue without the body pegs, which works with the early issue box. And you can see the catalogue's shape too.

TIE mailer X Ray 1 (1).JPG
TIE mailer X Ray 1 (2).JPG
TIE mailer X Ray 1 (3).jpg
TIE mailer X Ray 1 (4).jpg
tiemailer1-1(1).jpg

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
spoons said:
Mentioned that I was getting my TIE mailer X-rayed at work to a few people this weekend, so for those interested here are the results. A TIE!

It's clearly the first issue without the body pegs, which works with the early issue box. And you can see the catalogue's shape too.

TIE mailer X Ray 1 (1).JPGTIE mailer X Ray 1 (2).JPGTIE mailer X Ray 1 (3).jpgTIE mailer X Ray 1 (4).jpgtiemailer1-1(1).jpg
Incredible, those pictures are so clear.
Pleased for you that the TIE matches the early issue box.

spoons

Grand Master
Cheers Nick, it is good that they match but something is not thought about until I saw the images. Just a bit of fun, but could actually start a new venture at work if people are interested. Suspect it's a bit niche

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
spoons said:
Cheers Nick, it is good that they match but something is not thought about until I saw the images. Just a bit of fun, but could actually start a new venture at work if people are interested. Suspect it's a bit niche
Good idea...better than baby ultrasound pictures...in my opinion! :lol:

spoons

Grand Master
chipsteak said:
Neat. So are the pegs on the wings on early ones?

Thanks for all the good comments, and yes. Kenner switched to the rods in the body as the wing pegs were too loose.

I don't think we ever had the early ones in the UK. It was a fast change, and Kenner first tried adding instructions to tell people how to tighten the wings

https://vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk/the-toys/tie-fighter

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom