Vintage Rebellion Episode 65 LAUNCHED

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
65face.jpg

We may have lost Jez to the Taliban and Stuart to the EU but it doesn't mean we still won't churn out hours upon hours of vintage chinwagging and hoo-haring.

Episode 65 : Close Encounters of the Plastic Kind
https://swtvrpodcast.podbean.com/e/episode-65-close-encounters-of-the-plastic-kind/

The Vintage Rebellion welcome Andrew Preston and Jason Smith to take us through Episode 65 as this months rotating guests. Andrew brings us some very special guest interviews from Echo Live: from the Original Trilogy and the collecting world.

Pete sits down to talk about MOCs ("Mint on Cards" if you are American) with Jonathan Robinson during this months main interview.

Rich is helped out this month on Rebel Briefings as Jason Smith talks Kellerman Matrix v. 2 with Stephane Faucourt and we all give our opinions on the recent Echo Live event.

License to thrill continues looking at a license that Rich is particularly fond of - Kelloggs. Jonathan McElwain brings his knowledge to the section to bring order to our cornflake chaos.

All this plus the usual quizzes, Rapid Fire and shenanigans
(apologies for the lack of top5, it will return next month)

Enjoy the Show!!!

Intro
28:36 Echo interviews
34:53 Auction Talk
35:20 Horsing around with a helmet in Daventry at the Propstore
48:14 Vectis
53:42 Quiz

01:09:52 No apologies from Captain Needa
01:13:55 NA New Format
01:31:25 Rebel Briefings
02:18:19 More Echo's from Redditch
02:23:59 Main Interview with Jonathan Robinson
03:30:12 Licence to Thrill - Kelloggs
03:55:35 Rapid Fire with Jonathan Robinson
03:58:31 Outro and stuff

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Thanks fellas. That's my weekend listening sorted out. Straight to the top of my virtual 'to listen to' pile.

spoons

Grand Master
Well done guys. I was a little worried at how this was going to work without Stu, and I must confess it felt weird during the intro without him.

But four hours in and thought the new crew and features really gelled. I enjoyed Andy's interviews at Echo and now feel bad I didn't speak to anyone other than Mon Mothma.

Good level of bantz and was good to hear more about how the Kellerman 2 process worked.

I also know a lot more about cornflakes and enjoyed both the Jonathan's pieces

Only criticism is regarding the sound. A bit quiet throughout most of it and really loud again at the end piece - only you can decide

Nice job!

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Well done guys, I really enjoyed the episode. Look forward to the new format and changes you discussed. Very interesting to hear from the stars at Echo, hard to imagine pigeons cooing as Mon Mothma and Madine addressed the rebels. Sad to hear Tim Rose talking about the demise of Ackbar, I watched a fan edit of The Last Jedi on the web the other day. In this new version they have managed to edit Ackbar into the scene where they destroy the ships with the lightspeed jump, very interesting, works very well and is much more satisfying. I didn't know Nien Numb was a puppet either?!
I'm astounded by the prices the auction pieces achieve, who are these people who buy this stuff? Lucky bastards! Mind blowing.
Guest presenters did a great job and well done Pete and Richard for your continued enthusiasm. Looking forward to seeing what Stuart's new venture will be, will it be Star Wars based does anyone know? Hope so.
Well done everyone!

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Great episode. Well done Rich and Pete. Particularly enjoyed Jason's interview with Stephane Faucourt on the updated Kellerman Matrix and went straight off to join the group and check out the website. Pete's interview with Jonathan Robinson was an interesting listen. All in all the new format worked well and the rotating presenters works a treat, especially with the wealth of knowledge Jason and particularly Andy bring to the table. Do miss Stu, the cheeky little chappy though (oh and Jez).

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
To be honest I approached this episode with trepidation, but soon felt at home with old friends, as I have done with all the past episodes.
Naturally the intro was different without Stuart 8) , but Rich and Pete did a great job in making us the listener, feel at home.
As I've mentioned before the idea of rotating guest presenters was a great idea and is working really well in keeping it fresh.
The interview with Jonathan Robinson was a true reminisce back to collecting in the old days, and credit should be showered upon Andy for one of the best quiz formats ever, I really enjoyed it.
Looking forward to to the next one, can't be too long now...can it?

Alisdairmac

Jedi Knight
Supporter
I really enjoyed this episode. It must have been fairly daunting to take this on but I think you guys have done an absolutely brilliant job. The episode felt tight and professional but still kept all enough banter to keep the character of the thing. I think youve absolutely nailed it. As for the sound levels i think it must vary a bit depending on what its being listened to on, as I found the levels to be much better and more consistent than some previous episodes (i listen in the car). Well done, look forward to more of this.

Taffius

Sith Lord
Currently on #61...thats how much I've missed. Nice to listen again. Quite re-inspiring and looking forward to get back into this.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Great episode guys, well done. Really enjoyed the main interview, I'm a MOC guy so always love listening to people talk about them. All the short interviews were great, it was a truly start-studded episode!

I agree with some of the comments above about volume, it's fine if listening somewhere quiet but I tried to listen to it in the car last weekend and couldn't hear a word Rich was saying, even with the volume up. It would be pretty easy to fix this using some basic effects, not to mention make it all sound a bit more polished (EQ, reverb, maybe even a bit of limiting, all of which can be done in Garage Band.)

Taffius

Sith Lord
Finished and as mentioned previously- times are a changing.
When Richard_H started I thought I was back at school. :D
Great interviews and crew. Missed Stu of course but it great to see it continues.
Thanks for everything guys and may it long continue.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom