Mini Rig 'Box Protectors'

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Just found out about this which I'm quite excited about. 'Box Protectors' have been around for years for video games, they are thin foldable plastic sleeves that go over your game or console boxes to protect them from shelf wear. They are a much cheaper alternative to acrylic cases or grading if you simply want to protect the item, and they don't look bad on display either.

I have been hoping somebody makes them for vintage boxes for ages, in fact I asked GW acrylic about them not long ago! But this seller of video game box protectors has now entered the vintage Star Wars market, just with mini rigs to start with but hopefully they will produce more sizes if they prove popular:

https://www.theboxprotectorshop.nl/c-5011292/star-wars-mini-rigs/

I have just put in an order for a few, will post photos when they arrive. Also hopefully the prices will come down when demand increases, similar protectors for video games are only a quid each.

lejackal

Grand Master
I've seen these for card boxed video games and they look great, I'd certainly recommend them :!:

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Good find! Will be interested to see what these are like, as my mini-rigs are just stacked on top of each other :(

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Cazza said:
Good find! Will be interested to see what these are like, as my mini-rigs are just stacked on top of each other :(

Yes mine have definitely taken some knocks and got dusty on display over the years, they're too cheap to justify spending loads of money on acrylic or grading so these are a good option

TK-7785

Jedi Master
These are a great idea. They may not display as well as acrylic in some cases, but they look like a great option for simply offering some more affordable protection. I hope someone expands on the range for all other box sizes. They'd be great for traders to use too; the amount of shuffling about a lot of boxes take going from show to show, passing through many hands, these would be a smart move to have on hand to prevent damage.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
These are great, shame I folked out for the acrylic ones last year. Are they planning on doing any other ones, like for the AT-AT box? :lol:

Alisdairmac

Jedi Knight
Supporter
These do look great. May have to get a few. Looks like they are for the boxed accessories rather than the true mini rig boxes with flaps though?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Arrived today, these are a great fit, highly recommended.

8FEF61AF-1DB3-4DAC-B015-655E9B539726.jpeg

FC61814E-10AE-4505-9F90-867431BCBE89.jpeg

Jamas79

Padawan
Thanks for the tip. It seems like a very good alternative for acrylic storing and protecting a mini-rig box. I hope the also made some for boxes with a flap.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Jamas79 said:
Thanks for the tip. It seems like a very good alternative for acrylic storing and protecting a mini-rig box. I hope the also made some for boxes with a flap.

Yes the mini rigs with flap are really annoying to both store and display, I can't really think of a good solution. I don't think one of these would work as they are too flimsy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom