Forum update

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Hi all, you will no doubt have noticed that the forum was down overnight and there has been a change in appearance. Yesterday our website host automatically updated the server software version, which was not compatible with the previous forum software version. This has forced me to update to the latest major version of the forum software.

I've been planning on doing this for a while, and there are many benefits including new features and added security, as the previous forum software was a couple of years old.

However the reason I had not updated was because the custom forum theme/design was not compatible with this new major software version, hence the current appearance.

I am working on a new custom theme which I will hopefully have online in a couple of days, but for now please continue to use the forum as normal with this temporary design, as nothing will be lost.

Apologies for the disruption and confusion!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Not sure about anyone else, but the forum seems to run a lot faster for me now?

lejackal

Grand Master
Much faster all round :mrgreen:

Attachments

• BDEF2AA7-473D-4B6B-B1E6-D7E62F2BEABE.jpeg
    BDEF2AA7-473D-4B6B-B1E6-D7E62F2BEABE.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 964

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
If anyone finds the dark blue theme hard to read, you can change it to white here:

https://starwarsforum.co.uk/ucp.php?i=165

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
I think I speak for all on here and as said many times before, thanks for continuing to provide this sanctuary of vintage Star Wars in a stressful and mad world, keeps me sane on an almost daily basis thanks Edd and all the others that help out :D especially clock watching on a Friday afternoon , home time soon :lol:

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Thanks again Edd for all your hard work, that must have been a bit of a shock when the sever updated!

The new forum software is much quicker than before but I'm excited to see what your custom paint job will look like.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Thanks Edd, what ever is best for you I'm happy with. :)

Se Ems tobe run Ning fine f or me as we ll. Mu. Ch bett. Er. :lol:

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Eek sorry edd didn't see this thread before pming you, It seems smoother for sure just not sure on the layout, I do much prefer the profile avatars of posters being on the left hand side of their respective posts though for sure.

Picky twat I know :lol:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Just to echo everyone else and say thanks for this safe haven in a mad world.
This is so much quicker and if you want my opinion it looks more modern in comparison to the old site.
I'm loving it... :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Ok first I thought what is going on was the forum attacked with virus, but then I learned it was an update. I agree it is faster, but there is also things from the all forum that I miss, I can't wait to see the next update :D

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
bosk70 said:
I think I speak for all on here and as said many times before, thanks for continuing to provide this sanctuary of vintage Star Wars in a stressful and mad world, keeps me sane on an almost daily basis thanks Edd and all the others that help out :D especially clock watching on a Friday afternoon , home time soon :lol:

Very true, love it here :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom