Palitoy or toy toni

mathieu

Youngling
A friend of mine said this is a toy toni ? Is he right? There is something erased on the back of the card with a black marker?

mathieu

Youngling
DSC00858.JPG
View attachment 4
DSC00859.JPG
View attachment 3
DSC00857.JPG

MarkG

Jedi Master
Black marker on the back is nothing to worry about. Many Palitoy cards had this as it was to cover an offer date that had expired.

However.. Mr Palitoy is the guru on all things TT... so if he says it looks like a TT then it more than likely is.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
That's really intresting, I would have thought that the black marker pen would have put weight on this being a legitimate MOC.
As Mark has said Mr Palitoy is the expert here, I'm just trying to learn how to tell if a MOC is a TT.
The factory must have crossed out the offer dates and then sent the cards to have the figures and bubble applied, that's how Toni got this card.
So a black pen mark is not a sign that a MOC is good, thanks, I will get on top of this TT subject if it kills me. :D

MarkG

Jedi Master
My TT Hoth Trooper looks exactly the same.. blacked out offer date and even the rifle is in the same position.

mathieu

Youngling
He's on mr palitoy guide as a genuine moc. I think he isn't a TT. I am more and more convinced he is a genuine moc. TT 's aren't that nicely made.

MarkG

Jedi Master
There are genuine cards out there but reading up on Mr Palitoys site the bubble on yours is a classic TT..

"Toni used rectangular bubbles with square corners and these are the correct bubbles for some of these figures like C-3P0 (Removable Limbs), Imperial Stormtrooper (Hoth Battle Gear) and Chewbacca. Not for Luke Skywalker (Hoth Battle Gear) where a Tri-Logo style bubble is used on the genuine card. Imperial Stormtrooper (Hoth Battle Gear) can also be found with a Tri-Logo style bubble"

Yours has a rectangular bubble with rounded corners.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom