New forum features

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
As promised this new forum software comes with some cool new features. Here's a brief overview:

1) Mentions
You can now tag people in posts, and they will receive a notification. You do this by typing @ and then choosing their username from the dropdown list, like this: edd_jedi

mentions.png

2) Advanced statistics
At the bottom of the home page there is a new statistics area which shows how many topics, posts, and users there have been in the last 24 hours. It's great to see that the forum is still so active, currently showing over 100 registered users per day!

stats.png

3) Annual subscription
This forum will always be free to use, however it does cost me over £150 a year to run, and as you've probably noticed it's not the fastest website in the world as the hosting package I use is fairly modest. So I have created a new annual subscription which costs just £5. All money raised will be spent on improving the forum hardware, which will hopefully speed things up significantly. You will also get storage space for 1000 private messages instead of the standard 200, the ability to attach images to private messages, and a unique rank/lightsabre! You can join the subscription service using the link shown below:

supporter.png

And I would just like to reiterate that this is completely optional, no features have been removed for anybody who uses the forum without subscribing.

I am still working on the new design as I want to do it properly this time, so will update you on that ASAP.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
If you are using a mobile or tablet, the subscription link is found under the menu icon:

A3EB84D9-2FA9-47C2-803F-B0791ABCF975.jpeg

lejackal

Grand Master
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Cool. Good stuff. Particularly pleased with the more PM storage. All subscribed. Cheers Edd.

I'm particularly looking forward to seeing Si's new pink dildo saber edd_jedi

roundster

Jedi Master
Supporter
Subscribed edd_jedi

And used the tag feature :lol:

Keep up the good work buddy!

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Subscribed mate - £5 is an absolute bargain and long overdue, so glad we can finally help towards the cost of maintaining this gem of a forum that we all love.

As others have said - big thanks for doing what you do 8)

Colin.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
All done, best value for a fiver I've ever had. :D
Many thanks for all the hard work in keeping this place what it is.
I personally think that the "new look" is great.
Cheers
Nick.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Subscribed!

Thanks once again for all your hard work in keeping this forum running edd_jedi.

£5 is excellent value for money given what we get out of the forum, so I am delighted that I now have an opportunity to formally contribute to its upkeep.

Jeremy

quins

Padawan
Supporter
Suscribed.
Thanks a lot.Love my 10 mins or so on here a day browsing and learning. :)
Cheers

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Subscribed - thanks for keeping the forum going all these years Edd. :D

Cheers, Ricky :wink:

A spiffy new sabre as well! 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom