Old x wing restoration question

jayums

Jedi Master
:x Not much of a vintage vehicle collector but picked up an old x wing as you tend to do in job lots - all the usual bits missing though!

Although it needs a good clean, the plastic is nice and white and I feel the urge to do it up. Sadly (but typically!) the cost of cannons and the glass cockpit seem more expensive than buying complete.

I wondered if any later lines of x wings (potf 2) cockpits / cannons will fit on the vintage one, as I see little point in robbing off another x wing to complete this one?

I'm not too worried if it doesn't look quite right etc as it's just for my own display. Not planning on selling on.

jayums

Jedi Master
Cheers that's great - if anybody reading this has any spare parts for sale then lemme know as could be interested !

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I did the same a few years ago, as you say it cost me more to buy the bits seperately than it would have done to buy a complete one but I enjoyed restoring it and we're only talking £50 instead of £30-40 so I felt the enjoyment I got out of sourcing the bits was worth the extra expense.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom