Huge C.h.i.p.s. collection lost in post/stolen.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Hey guys,

Firstly I have to say hello to you all and see if you are all good :D

I haven't been active on the forum for a long time purely because I have had a huge vintage C.h.i p.s collection go missing / be stolen in the post and it has left me very bitter and pretty much done with collecting. It is so hard to take and has completely knocked me for six. Basically,I bought the collection from USA using a friend as the middle nan as he is in Canada. The collection was received by him and he said he mailed it out to me but he had lost the proof of postage. Granted, the parcel had been in his possession for around a year or so as he was holding onto it as a favour as I moved house recently. My friend said he posted it last October 2018 but as it's still not here somethings obviously happened.

I'm going to contact him and ask for details of the post office where they were posted and see if it can be tracked down.

This has really pissed me off so I'm pretty much done with collecting now.

Lee

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Damn that's not good, it really is frustrating when things get lost in the post. Surely if it was a high value item/collection he would have had the sense to get a tracking number?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
This is really sad and I'm really sorry for you.

But something doesn't sound right with your friend, he's lost the proof of postage and the package has gone missing?

How well do you know the friend?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Very sorry to hear this, but I agree it does seem suspicious that the guy has lost the proof of posting AND the delivery has gone missing...

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
Damn that's not good, it really is frustrating when things get lost in the post. Surely if it was a high value item/collection he would have had the sense to get a tracking number?

And or insure it!

It does sound suspect

stu70

Padawan
It might be worth putting a post about this up on the forum at Mego Museum as they were a Mego line.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom