Star Wars Palitoy documentary coming to BBC4

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I contacted about this a while back and thought BBC Midlands would get a programme about Palitoy in general terms but NO we're getting a national programme about Palitoy and Star Wars. Oh and a longer version of the last, very good, BBC4 SW doc.

https://mobile.twitter.com/david_insideout/status/1197561586308788225?s=21

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Fantastic news! Many thanks indeed for the heads up. Please make sure to post the details of the date and time it's scheduled to air, once they're known (in case my now constant scanning of the TV Guide between now and Christmas fails me!) :)

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Sounds great! Looking forward to this. Between this and The Mandalorian it's going to be a very Star Wars Christmas. :D

£1.49 FIGURES

Padawan
This really is great news indeed. An hour plus UK centred version of 'Plastic Empire' with a Palitoy focus will be fantastic. I wonder if any vintage Palitoy TV adverts (beyond the wonderful clips unearthed a few years back by Mr Tree) will feature.
Can't wait - two new documentaries, The Mandalorian, Episode 9 - Merry Christmas one and all!

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Just saw this on Echo:

Word from David Whiteley on Twitter - we now have a date for the diary for the SW toy documentary (in the UK)

Toy Empire - 9PM BBC4 Monday 16th December

Followed by the extended 'The Galaxy Britain built'

Looks great!

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Darth Bobby said:
Just saw this on Echo:

Word from David Whiteley on Twitter - we now have a date for the diary for the SW toy documentary (in the UK)

Toy Empire - 9PM BBC4 Monday 16th December

Followed by the extended 'The Galaxy Britain built'

Looks great!

Wonderful! Thank you :-D

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Oh I see it's on a week early in the midlands. Everyone can see it on iplayer after that broadcast

Paul1976

Padawan
Thanks for the heads up, both set to record next Monday! Nice to have some SW on the box, BBC4 is about the best channel these days, on free view at least.

P

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
chipsteak said:
Oh I see it's on a week early in the midlands. Everyone can see it on iplayer after that broadcast
Best watch it live or record on my PVR. I'm one of the unfortunate buggers who have a Samsung smart TV and iPlayer has stopped working on it as of 9th December. No plans to issue a software update until mid January and even then they can't guarantee it will work.

Can't believe Samsung haven't prioritised this. Can see them losing thousands of angry customers. Don't think iPlayer will come out of it smelling of roses as they were useless at letting people know about the potential complications arising from their latest update.

Still my tv is 4 years old, some people May have just bought a 2018 Samsung device and they could be one of the unlucky buggers whose device can never play iPlayer ever again.

Rant over :evil:

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
The mooted earlier local showing got cancelled so you're missing nowt and we'll all get it together.

Hooray.

dianoga77

Padawan
A good watch last night , both programes had good infomation and some unseen pictures / film locations / sets 8)

olisuds

Sith Lord
Very enjoyable watching and good to see some familiar faces filmed at the prop store auction too! :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom