The Vintage Rebellion Episode 66 Launched

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
66FACE.jpg

November 2019s Vintage Rebellion podcast welcomes Jason Smith to the regular hosts. Mark Daniels had to drop out through a sniffle but we managed to Press-Gang Craig Spivey for Jason's 'Adventure Game' style quiz.

Craig's main reason for joining us is to talk about this month's Licensee focus of Letraset. It's not just a focus, its a fundamental blast through a much loved range of products. The notes supplied for this may well be the most comprehensive ever seen. You do not want to miss it, nether do you want to do anything other than gather a few brews for the main interview where Richard interviews Australia's Blake Edgerton, a journey through collecting in Australia and setting up as an independent dealer

Amongst all the usual fun podcast shenanigans we look forward to Dave Tree's Farthest From in Fordingbridge during the weekend of November 30th (beer) and December 1st (Vintage Toy Show). The podcast will be presenting an exclusive poster and flogging issue 4 of our fanzine 'It Came From The Loft'. Andy Preston has donated his Dairylea badge as a free cover prize (subject to availability).

This month its 4 hours and 45 minutes of vintage sausage that you simply cannot get anywhere else.

https://SWTVRPodcast.podbean.com/e/episode-66-my-little-buddy-fett/

Poster for a free giveaway A3

POSTER.jpg

Fanzine It came from the Loft issue 4

fanzine.jpg

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Excellent, will be listening to this on the way down to FF on Sunday too :)

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Listened to most of it on my Farthest From drive today, absolutely loved the Blake Edgerton interview, one of the most fascinating I have heard on all your shows, I didn't want it to end. Did I hear right that he now works at Monkeys Emprorium in London? Or did you just meet him there? Would really liked to have heard a bit about how he ended up there from having his own shop in Australia.

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
Listened to most of it on my Farthest From drive today, absolutely loved the Blake Edgerton interview, one of the most fascinating I have heard on all your shows, I didn't want it to end. Did I hear right that he now works at Monkeys Emprorium in London? Or did you just meet him there? Would really liked to have heard a bit about how he ended up there from having his own shop in Australia.

I have to agree one of the best interviews it was fascinating listening to blake as I loved the way he explained it through the timeline and his finds Great episode thanks guys.

The potf yak faces though where are they now.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Finished it today, really enjoyed the Letraset discussion too despite having no idea what it is or any interest in it before! Will do some reading up now :)

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Excellent episode, fellas! Loved the Adventure Game quiz- brought back some great memories. I remembering being pretty scared with the Vortex bit at the end!

The interview with Blake Edgerton was superb and one of my favourites yet. It was fantastically nostalgic- not only from the childhood days of the late seventies and early eighties, but also for the glory days of collecting properly as an adult for the first time, through the nineties. It made me wish I had been a lot more proactive in hunting stuff down in those days though!

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Great show guys! Really enjoyed both interviews with Chris and Blake. Thanks for all the hard work fellas.

Cornish_jedi

Padawan
20191207_172416.jpg
20191207_172437.jpg
Another great episode, seen me right through a trip to Cornwall. Really enjoyed hearing those stores and history of Fan Attic an Australian Star Wars stories, and I thought I'd share a picture of my Aussie show-bag that was spoken about; would have ben epic to seen these stacked high and full.

Nice to finally say 'Hi' to most of you at Farthest From and looking forward to a Christmas Special.

Awesome work guys.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Fascinating interview with Blake Edgerton. Some simply amazing stories such as the passing up of a dumpbin full of 50 POTF Yak Faces at $1 each or the rescuing of a Star Wars 12" figure collection from the destructive hands of some little Aussie rugrats. But by far the most interesting was the $5 show bags... an amazing insight into the offloading of overstock ROTJ and POTF MOCs in the late 80s in Oz.

The Letraset liscence to thrill section was great and made all the better for the amazing knowledge of Craig Spivey. Could tell it had rekindled Jason's love of it as in the days leading up to the launch of the podcast he was posting left right and centre on his latest Letraset pickups. :lol:

The Rebel Briefings section was chock full of good content too like the Chris Fawcett Blue Harvest interview and the Uzay piece. Well done lads. Thank you for the continued hard work.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Just to echo the above, another great episode.

The Blake interview was a classic, up there with the best if not the best.
What a fascinating character with some amazing insights in to collecting and dealing Star Wars in Oz back in the day, I could have listened for hours. :D

The Chris Fawcett Blue Harvest re visit was also very welcome, and full of intresting memories and anecdotes.

Thanks also to Jason for bringing back memories of "The Adventure Game", it was always a quirky affair and Jason certainly kept that part of it for his quiz. :wink:

Thanks Lads, roll on the next one, oh and it's Christmas! 8)

Cornish_jedi thanks for sharing the pictures of your Show bag.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Thanks for sharing the pic of the "show bag", in truth that's a new one on me and it's always good to hear about something vintage related, a different way of selling, that doesn't get talked about much if ever. Tricky thing to classify but it's a bag so maybe it ought to be on the radar of baggie collectors!

I'd also like an audio compilation of every time Blake got his tonsils around the word "shhhhhooooow bag" during the interview!

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Thanks more education, information and entertainment. You run a public service.

Kudos to Jason for attempting The Adventure Game in audio form. TAG co-starred Kenny Baker as the alien leader who took the form of a grumpy aspidistra.

Di5PR4YW4AAL_4V.jpg

spoons

Grand Master
Just finished this one and the Adventure Game was a real blast from the past, but was only discussing the other day - Jason should have been uncle!

I thought Blake's tales were fantastic, that boxed ship haul was something else. I hope the stormtrooper suit makes its way back to him at some point

Really liked Craig's letraset feature too. I now have the urge to collect. But to answer Pete's question you can still buy letraset style cards - go to any English Heritage site gift shop and buy 'attack the castle' or one of the other ones. Used to get them for my kids and the one handed knights brought it all back :lol:

jared007

Padawan
Simply fascinating interview this episode. Being an Aussie myself this filled in a lot of *gaps* in my knowledge of how things were working behind the scenes back in the day. I had heard legends of these show bags with carded figures but they stopped doing them a year or two before I would have been able to get one. So many spell-binding anedotes - I could have listened all day. I'd say this is the best interview ever featured on the podcast!

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
I've been locked into a John Lennon audiobook for a month (35 hours) so have just got onto Episode 66 of the podcast. Just finished, really enjoyed it.
I must admit I never understood the Adventure game the first time around so was bewildered for the majority of the quiz. I got it by the end though, well done Jason. A real treat for the R2 aficionado's out there!

I find all online bickering irritating, it never ends. If it's not Brexit it's the election result. The Star Wars fighting is the worse. It's meant to be a hobby and a bit of fun, an escape from the everyday bollocks. I've left loads of groups as I find the arguing really tiresome. There are people threatening each other over a plastic toy. Time for everyone to get a grip. I was off the internet for about a week avoiding spoilers for the Mandalorian and TROS. It was really nice to be honest, away from the negativity.

Great interview with Blake, he seems like a really nice bloke. His stories were mid blowing (10,000 Mocs!!!) Sounds like it was a fantastic store! I'm sure all of us would love to do that for a living.

After seeing the original Star Wars at the cinema in 78 it was a long time til I saw it again. As a kid you were constantly searching for ways to relive the story.
Reliving the movie magic through dairylea triangles was a personal favourite of mine, I remember the transfers, same with the shreddies ones. I was a bit of a transfers addict as a kid. Pure bliss.

Great episode lads, can't wait for the next one. (And Stuart's My Little Pony Podcast)

Happy New Year SWTVRP!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom