dengar.jpeg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Ruby2511 said:
Here's mine :D

20191201_221501.jpg

With his mates :D

20191201_221511.jpg

wow that was fast :shock: a what a beauty he is a nice and mint figure with all his bounty friends :D

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Dengar! Back in 1980, this was a very exciting figure for me. Having been blissfully ignorant of the mail-away Boba Fett offer here in the UK (mainly due to me not reading comics at the time and hence never seeing the adverts), Dengar represented my first ever experience of sending away for an unreleased figure. Talk about exciting! I gleefully destroyed 3 cardbacks to remove the name plates and sent them away to Palitoy, along with my 30 pence for postage and packing, and then waited... and waited...

I was one of those children who received a postcard from Palitoy (as shown here http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww130/sublevel_photo/DSCN2156.jpg?hotlinkfix=1575250731098 - not my photo) explaining that there would be a delay in the delivery of my figure, which only made the anticipation all the greater! And of course, because this was my first ever mail-away, in my 8-year old ignorance, I expected the figure to be sent on a cardback, just like all the other figures I had seen and bought. And so it was that when, several weeks later, a small white cardboard packet arrived in the post with my name and address on it, I genuinely didn't know what it was. I opened the packet with curiosity more than excitement, and then I saw what was inside! :D

Wonderful stuff! Yes, the figure is a little chunky. Yes, he can have problems holding his rifle. And yes, that rifle is completely wrong (Kenner having cheaped out and donated the equally incorrect Snowtrooper's rifle to our bandaged bounty hunter), but it was still a thing of wonder to the child version of me!

Fast-forward a decade or four and here's the selection I have today. A range of armour shades and skin tones are available across at least 2 similar, but different sculpts, with the darkest armour coming courtesy of our Spanish friends at PBP:

Mr Bump - 01.jpg

Mr Bump - 02.jpg

Mr Bump - 03.jpg

Mr Bump - 04.jpg

Mr Bump - 05.jpg

Mr Bump - 06.jpg

Mr Bump - 07.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Dengar! Back in 1980, this was a very exciting figure for me. Having been blissfully ignorant of the mail-away Boba Fett offer here in the UK (mainly due to me not reading comics at the time and hence never seeing the adverts), Dengar represented my first ever experience of sending away for an unreleased figure. Talk about exciting! I gleefully destroyed 3 cardbacks to remove the name plates and sent them away to Palitoy, along with my 30 pence for postage and packing, and then waited... and waited...

I was one of those children who received a postcard from Palitoy (as shown here http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww130/sublevel_photo/DSCN2156.jpg?hotlinkfix=1575250731098 - not my photo) explaining that there would be a delay in the delivery of my figure, which only made the anticipation all the greater! And of course, because this was my first ever mail-away, in my 8-year old ignorance, I expected the figure to be sent on a cardback, just like all the other figures I had seen and bought. And so it was that when, several weeks later, a small white cardboard packet arrived in the post with my name and address on it, I genuinely didn't know what it was. I opened the packet with curiosity more than excitement, and then I saw what was inside! :D

Wonderful stuff! Yes, the figure is a little chunky. Yes, he can have problems holding his rifle. And yes, that rifle is completely wrong (Kenner having cheaped out and donated the equally incorrect Snowtrooper's rifle to our bandaged bounty hunter), but it was still a thing of wonder to the child version of me!

Fast-forward a decade or four and here's the selection I have today. A range of armour shades and skin tones are available across at least 2 similar, but different sculpts, with the darkest armour coming courtesy of our Spanish friends at PBP:

Mr Bump - 01.jpg

Mr Bump - 02.jpg

Mr Bump - 03.jpg

Mr Bump - 04.jpg

Mr Bump - 05.jpg

Mr Bump - 06.jpg

Mr Bump - 07.jpg

Thanks for sharing that huge army of dengar variants and that was a cool story about the dengar that you got with mail :D

I love the pbp dengar, I think he is the most perfect variant of all the dengar variants that I have seen.

Yes wrong blaster for dengar but it look a lot like the one he used. I would more say the snowtrooper rifle kenner sold it with was very wrong. As I remember it we more saw the normal stormie blaster used with the snowtrooper. But I have read elite snowtroopers used the rifle, maybe kenner sold the elite snowtrooper :lol:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Cazza said:
Great examples as always!!!

Here's my Paltoy 45b, bought around 1995.

20181110_172802.jpg

That's a beautiful MOC! And well done for having the wit to pick it up back in the 90's. I wish I'd bought a lot more MOCs back then!

Thanks for sharing.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:

Mr Bump - 01.jpg

Mr Bump - 02.jpg

Mr Bump - 03.jpg

Mr Bump - 04.jpg

Mr Bump - 05.jpg

Mr Bump - 06.jpg

Mr Bump - 07.jpg

Thanks for sharing that huge army of dengar variants and that was a cool story about the dengar that you got with mail :D

I love the pbp dengar, I think he is the most perfect variant of all the dengar variants that I have seen.

Yes wrong blaster for dengar but it look a lot like the one he used. I would more say the snowtrooper rifle kenner sold it with was very wrong. As I remember it we more saw the normal stormie blaster used with the snowtrooper. But I have read elite snowtroopers used the rifle, maybe kenner sold the elite snowtrooper :lol:

Thanks, Lars.

That's interesting if there is or was intended to be another Snowtrooper that did come with a rifle more like the one Kenner gave us. I certainly don't remember seeing any evidence of it anywhere in the film, so perhaps it never made it passed the design stage, or maybe ended up on the cutting room floor? :?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:

Mr Bump - 01.jpg

Mr Bump - 02.jpg

Mr Bump - 03.jpg

Mr Bump - 04.jpg

Mr Bump - 05.jpg

Mr Bump - 06.jpg

Mr Bump - 07.jpg

Thanks, Lars.

That's interesting if there is or was intended to be another Snowtrooper that did come with a rifle more like the one Kenner gave us. I certainly don't remember seeing any evidence of it anywhere in the film, so perhaps it never made it passed the design stage, or maybe ended up on the cutting room floor? :?

I only remember the common imperial blaster and the big laser cannon for them in the movie

snowtrooper11.jpg

Star Wars Wiki write about the rifle for elite stormies, but there is not much info https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Cold_assault_stormtrooper

Maybe kenner choose the rifle because we sometimes saw the rifle for common stormtroopers and desert stormtroopers in a new hope and they did not sell the kenner stormie with the rifle, so maybe they sold the hoth stormie with it so kids that had both figures or an army of both figures could choose to give the hoth stormie the stormie blaster and the stormie the hoth stormie blaster. I think when most kids play then they give some figures other weapons than the one they were sold with, I did that when I was a kid :lol: I remember sometimes I gave the klaatu staff for gamorrean guard because I saw they had one that looked like it in the movie :lol:

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:

Have you got the 4 line coo version?

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Here are my two Spanish PBP Dengars. I also have a 2 line Coo version (Smile) and a 3 line version hopefully for Christmas. I'm after an affordable 4 line Coo version but that one is hard to come by in the UK.

Attachments

• 9D6819A9-BA89-4A9C-9814-4E9CB8277C79.jpeg
    9D6819A9-BA89-4A9C-9814-4E9CB8277C79.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 853
  • 0419B854-F785-4633-B768-7B39E09C2E4F.jpeg
    0419B854-F785-4633-B768-7B39E09C2E4F.jpeg
    67.6 KB · Views: 854

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Here are my two Spanish PBP Dengars. I also have a 2 line Coo version (Smile) and a 3 line version hopefully for Christmas. I'm after an affordable 4 line Coo version but that one is hard to come by in the UK.

wow nice collection of dengar figures, I just love the pbp dengar figures 8) thanks for sharing them :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom