2019 Christmas Tat

lejackal

Grand Master
Okay so the title is a little disingenuous as I think these are pretty decent for a work Secret Santa but I'm sure we all get some crazy/horrendous gifts, Star Wars related or otherwise. Please share what you've got :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 1,156

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
OK, now I can post!... Mind you, it's certainly not something you'll want to see... in your own home at least :lol:

My brother knows I love Star Wars. I have display cabinets full of figures, both vintage and new in my house. It's kind of obvious that I'm a fan, and yet what I don't have is a large selection of assorted Star Wars tat littering the place. And most importantly, my brother knows that too, because I've told him. Several times.

Nevertheless, it didn't stop him giving me a Darth Maul bubble bath a couple of years back, and it didn't stop him apparently buying (yes, buying, with real actual money), the following item, and then infecting my house with it:

Gee thanks... 01.jpg

Gee thanks... 02.jpg

Gee thanks... 03.jpg

Yes, it's just what every 47 year-old vintage Star Wars collector always wanted... a Disney Darth Vader lunch box...

I'm not sure what's worse, that unmitigated POS, or this 'thing' he bought me last year. Again, he knows I like Star Wars, and he even said as much as he and his girlfriend gave it to me. If memory serves, his exact words were, as he handed over a bag containing the following, 'I know you like Star Wars, so we thought of you when we saw this':

Gee thanks... 04.jpg

Gee thanks... 05.jpg

SERIOUSLY?!! DOCTOR ****ING WHO?! There is not one single, solitary Dr Who item anywhere in or even near my house! And for good reason. I know it might be popular in some quarters, but personally I think Dr Who is ****. I don't remember ever even mentioning Dr Who to my brother in our adult lives, and yet that didn't stop him spending £14.95 on this monstrosity! I could have had a blu-ray of something good for that, but no. Instead I get a Cyberman jug I don't want, don't need and will never use.

Merry Christmas!

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
So
The lunch box you can use for storage for all of the spare weapons and nic nac vintage you don't want to lose
Or
Do you have a cat, or small dog.....bingo use as a feeding dish :D

The Dr Who jug.... put it back in the box ! Store away and remove from your memory banks!

I got a rogue one bobblehead thing as secret Santa at work, can't post a pic, as I put it in a toy charity collection at my local supermarket no one was hurt, and it goes to a good cause :D

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
" I know it might be popular in some quarters, but personally I think Dr Who is ****. I don't remember ever even mentioning Dr Who to my brother in our adult lives, and yet that didn't stop him spending £14.95 on this monstrosity! I could have had a blu-ray of something good for that, but no. Instead I get a Cyberman jug I don't want, don't need and will never use."

Merry Christmas!

Yes this is bad a jug not even a mug :lol: now i don't mind a bit of Dr Who bashing in general, but Tom Baker must be off limits :lol: , it was my childhood with a bit of SW thrown in for good measure
Merry Christmas to all on the forum :)
I have received some utter rubbish from family members over the years I think the worst was a selection of different flavoured motorised Jar Jar Binks lolly's that span around what a treat

lejackal

Grand Master
The tat is strong this year- I just got this as part of a little thank you present from work :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 7DCA24BC-2854-4843-B354-09D7D7CE78F0.jpeg
    7DCA24BC-2854-4843-B354-09D7D7CE78F0.jpeg
    160.4 KB · Views: 1,064

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
SERIOUSLY?!! DOCTOR ****ING WHO?! There is not one single, solitary Dr Who item anywhere in or even near my house! And for good reason. I know it might be popular in some quarters, but personally I think Dr Who is ****. I don't remember ever even mentioning Dr Who to my brother in our adult lives, and yet that didn't stop him spending £14.95 on this monstrosity! I could have had a blu-ray of something good for that, but no. Instead I get a Cyberman jug I don't want, don't need and will never use.

Merry Christmas!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I love Doctor Who, have done for as long as I can remember... but if I received that as a present I'd be pretty pissed off.

Inevitably I'll be getting some Star Wars and Doctor Who tat this year - last year I got a Doctor Who press-out origami book. :shock: :? :roll:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
peekaygee73 said:
Snaketibe said:

Merry Christmas!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I love Doctor Who, have done for as long as I can remember... but if I received that as a present I'd be pretty pissed off.

Inevitably I'll be getting some Star Wars and Doctor Who tat this year - last year I got a Doctor Who press-out origami book. :shock: :? :roll:

It's more the fact that my brother's 'logic' went: You like Star Wars figures, and therefore I've bought you a Dr Who jug!

It's a bit like saying, I know you like Charles Dickens' first editions, so I've bought you a photo of Jeffrey Archer :roll:

spoons

Grand Master
I actually like that jug :lol:

I don't mind a bit of Star Wars tat. Nothing yet this year but I have got ice cube makers, coasters and an ice scraper in the past. All get used :D

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I have a lightsabre pizza slicer, probably the most random Star Wars item I've been given!

Alisdairmac

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Snaketibe said:
OK, now I can post!... Mind you, it's certainly not something you'll want to see... in your own home at least :lol:

My brother knows I love Star Wars. I have display cabinets full of figures, both vintage and new in my house. It's kind of obvious that I'm a fan, and yet what I don't have is a large selection of assorted Star Wars tat littering the place. And most importantly, my brother knows that too, because I've told him. Several times.

Nevertheless, it didn't stop him giving me a Darth Maul bubble bath a couple of years back, and it didn't stop him apparently buying (yes, buying, with real actual money), the following item, and then infecting my house with it:

Gee thanks... 01.jpg

Gee thanks... 02.jpg

Gee thanks... 03.jpg

Yes, it's just what every 47 year-old vintage Star Wars collector always wanted... a Disney Darth Vader lunch box...

I'm not sure what's worse, that unmitigated POS, or this 'thing' he bought me last year. Again, he knows I like Star Wars, and he even said as much as he and his girlfriend gave it to me. If memory serves, his exact words were, as he handed over a bag containing the following, 'I know you like Star Wars, so we thought of you when we saw this':

Gee thanks... 04.jpg

Gee thanks... 05.jpg

Merry Christmas!

Hilarious

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I've been short of mugs and I've been holding off buying some HOPING for a regular Star Wars mug or two, which would be very nice.

Let's see. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom