The Vintage Rebellion Episode 67 Launched

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
face67.jpg

It's Christmas, it's the end of the decade, it's the end of the Skywalker saga. If you want to hear us talk about any of that, then buy us a pint and ask us on a date. Instead, episode 67 sees Rich and Pete joined by Edd Grant and Mark Daniels to talk Vintage Star Wars collecting and pretty much nothing else.

Main interview is Graham Marshall (23rd member from this here forum) who we found on eBay selling off Episode 1 Amidala Cereal boxes to Peter then enticed him into his house for food on the promise of showing him his Empire MOCs.

Richard briefs his rebels through a review of Dave Tree's Farthest From and then we review 2019 before heading into the new decade. This month's licensee talk is all about RSO and the many different items available for collecting.

Sit back, relax and enjoy the last episode of the decade!

https://swtvrpodcast.podbean.com/e/episode-67-marshalling-the-troops/

Graham_Marshall

Padawan
Another great episode fellas. It was a pleasure to speak with Pete. Happy new year to you all and good luck with your collecting goals this year.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Somewhere out there, in an alternate reality... Peter Davis does the breakfast slot on BBC Radio One, playing R2D2 and C3PO's hit records with the odd Ewok inspired tune thrown in just for fun. Give him the opportunity to talk about 70's disco or random Ewok Euro pop and you can tell he's in his element. Very enjoyable section on Star Wars records.
Thoroughly enjoyed the show, great guest hosts this month, it feels like Richard and Peter have hit their stride as the main presenters of the show. Main interview with Graeme was funny, couple of old codgers banging on about old toys. Can't beat it!
Depressing listening to the Christmas special on the 2nd Jan on my way to work but better late than never, ha ha.
Farthest From was very good in December, managed to pick up some nice items. Not as busy as past events but as a buyer that sometimes is better as it gives you a chance to look around before you spend your money. There's not such a frenzy to buy stuff. Congratulations to David tree on his award, very much deserved.
It's a great time to be a Star Wars fan. Well done everyone.

roundster

Jedi Master
Supporter
Part way through and thought I would clarify some facts about our Saturday in Fordingbridge!
1 - I am a great guy to drink with
2 - it was spoons that was with us, not Pete!!
3 - I did not hit Rich's car!! I will next time though :lol:

spoons

Grand Master
roundster said:
Part way through and thought I would clarify some facts about our Saturday in Fordingbridge!

Maybe Pete hit Rich's car?

Easy mistake for Rich to make, we only spent 9 hours in a car together, a day drinking together and shared a room. He's clearly got a spoons mental block. Too much of a good thing :lol:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
roundster said:

So....other than that Rich got everything about that evening right!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

roundster

Jedi Master
Supporter
In Rich's defence a lot was drunk!!

It was a great day and event! Looking forward to doing all again soon!!

Palifan

Sith Lord
Just finished listening to this months glorious podcast and I must admit that I do feel quite humbled by the comments that Mark made about me with the rest of the gang. It was so nice to hear your thoughts on me (thank the lord they were positive!), and I knew that you were all going to be top guys to meet and get to know and I wasn't disappointed in anyway.

With this being my first FF due to being away previously it was such a highlight of my year getting to hang out with you all and I had such a great time chewing the fat with Mark over the weekend, such an all-round top bloke as you all know. It was also so good to finally get to talk with Pete, Richard, Jason, Spoons and all of the other forum guys who were there over the weekend, so worth the trip!

Great podcast this month with Grahams interview and Pete's record selection, there were definitely a few choice cuts in there! I also enjoyed the presenter lineup this month with both Mark and Ed's vintage knowledge on display although it's a shame Mark didn't take any pictures of him in the Battlestar galactic crop top jacket, I can just imagine the look on his wife's face :lol:

Looking forward to the next one already and hopefully getting back to FF this year to spend some more quality time with you all.

Ian

Alisdairmac

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Another great episode. Thanks. If you are still wondering about price stickers with half pence on them here is one

Attachments

• IMG_20200125_165017.jpg
    IMG_20200125_165017.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 733
  • IMG_20200125_165033.jpg
    IMG_20200125_165033.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 739
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom