SWTOTW, Week 1, 2020 Scout Walker Vehicle

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Scout Walker Vehicle:

AT-St.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
The good old Chicken Walker, eh Lars? Well it's certainly a terrific toy, with one of the best action features in the entire line, in my opinion, with its great walking action. It also represents another toy Palitoy didn't think we'd want over here for Empire! Stateside, they had it released for 'The Empire Strikes Back', but over here in Blighty we had to wait for 'Return of the Jedi' to trundle out before we could get our hands on one! And in that respect, the Scout Walker matches the Millennium Falcon and Rebel Transport in being released in America an entire film before the UK finally got them. And because my focus (if I even have one) is to collect toys in their 1st issue Palitoy packaging unless Kenner released them for an earlier film, it means I reluctantly parted with a mint unused Bi-Logo boxed example once I finally acquired a Kenner ESB packaged example. However, I include a photo of my old Bi-logo one below for completeness, and because it was such a lovely example, even though I no longer own it.

KFC Walker - 01.jpg

KFC Walker - 02.jpg

KFC Walker - 03.jpg

KFC Walker - 04.jpg

KFC Walker - 05.jpg

KFC Walker - 06.jpg

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Here's my scout walker, one of first vehicles I got as a kid, the box I got from a friend who was clearing out his loft about 12 years ago. So much playability this vehicle, I had hours of fun with this as a kid. 8)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
The good old Chicken Walker, eh Lars? Well it's certainly a terrific toy, with one of the best action features in the entire line, in my opinion, with its great walking action. It also represents another toy Palitoy didn't think we'd want over here for Empire! Stateside, they had it released for 'The Empire Strikes Back', but over here in Blighty we had to wait for 'Return of the Jedi' to trundle out before we could get our hands on one! And in that respect, the Scout Walker matches the Millennium Falcon and Rebel Transport in being released in America an entire film before the UK finally got them. And because my focus (if I even have one) is to collect toys in their 1st issue Palitoy packaging unless Kenner released them for an earlier film, it means I reluctantly parted with a mint unused Bi-Logo boxed example once I finally acquired a Kenner ESB packaged example. However, I include a photo of my old Bi-logo one below for completeness, and because it was such a lovely example, even though I no longer own it.

KFC Walker - 01.jpg

KFC Walker - 02.jpg

KFC Walker - 03.jpg

KFC Walker - 04.jpg

KFC Walker - 05.jpg

KFC Walker - 06.jpg

Wow 2 beautiful boxes, sorry to read that you do not have the bi-logo anymore. Thanks for all the great info, I did not know that the scout walker was not sold in the uk before rotj came out :shock:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
Here's my scout walker, one of first vehicles I got as a kid, the box I got from a friend who was clearing out his loft about 12 years ago. So much playability this vehicle, I had hours of fun with this as a kid. 8)

image.jpg
image.jpg

Wow nice box and a great story about how you got it from your friend 12 years ago, thanks for sharing it :D

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
theforceuk said:

image.jpg
image.jpg

Nice example. Thanks for sharing :)

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Wondered if now was the time (being the 1st week of a new year) to change the title to something like:
#TOTW 2020 Week 1 - Scout Walker
as it's so hard to search for these if you miss it or want to add to it at a later date. Just a suggestion

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
TheJabbaWookie said:
Wondered if now was the time (being the 1st week of a new year) to change the title to something like:
as it's so hard to search for these if you miss it or want to add to it at a later date. Just a suggestion

@TheJabbaWookie
I use this link which Lars updates https://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35554

Thanks Nick. You've got to find it first and then find it in the list. You would just need to search #TOTW Scout Walker and you could jump straight to post. Still think Lars should have the list and update it weekly but it would be an additional help.

Having the name in the title would definitely help others not looking for toy of the week find a knowledgable thread on the item as well, especially given the amount of info Jeremy always puts in there.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
Mini99 said:
TheJabbaWookie said:

@TheJabbaWookie
I use this link which Lars updates https://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35554

Thanks Nick. You've got to find it first and then find it in the list. You would just need to search #TOTW Scout Walker and you could jump straight to post. Still think Lars should have the list and update it weekly but it would be an additional help.

Having the name in the title would definitely help others not looking for toy of the week find a knowledgable thread on the item as well, especially given the amount of info Jeremy always puts in there.

I think that Lars is reluctant to put the name in the title as people like the "surprise" of opening the post up to see what the toy is this week.
I can see both points of view so am not in either camp.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
This is the piece that led to me collecting back in 2017, thanks to my son for buying his dad this beauty 😀😀😀

20200106_213523.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:

The idea is to change the older post to it, I just need the time to do it :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
TheJabbaWookie said:
Mini99 said:
@TheJabbaWookie

I think that Lars is reluctant to put the name in the title as people like the "surprise" of opening the post up to see what the toy is this week.

I will keep the surprise but change them when they are old enough, but at the moment I do not have time to do the changes. But I will start to do it as soon as I get some time for it.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Ruby2511 said:
This is the piece that led to me collecting back in 2017, thanks to my son for buying his dad this beauty 😀😀😀

20200106_213523.jpg

Sounds like you have a great son :wink: it looks beautiful with all the other endor stuff, thanks for sharing it :wink:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Ruby2511 said:

20200106_213523.jpg

A good example and a nice display.

Thanks for sharing :)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Mini99 said:
TheJabbaWookie said:

I will keep the surprise but change them when they are old enough, but at the moment I do not have time to do the changes. But I will start to do it as soon as I get some time for it.

Hi Lars,

I don't know if the Forum rules allow it without me being a Administrator, but if I am granted the access rights to edit them, I don't mind lending a hand renaming the older thread titles. If you would like this, perhaps we could ask Edd nicely if he could help me do this for you by temporarily amending my access?

Thanks.

Jeremy

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
Mini99 said:

Hi Lars,

I don't know if the Forum rules allow it without me being a Administrator, but if I am granted the access rights to edit them, I don't mind lending a hand renaming the older thread titles. If you would like this, perhaps we could ask Edd nicely if he could help me do this for you by temporarily amending my access?

Thanks.

Jeremy

Hi jeremy, you are welcome to help :wink: found a little time for it so I have made a few changes today :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom