Why I love Star Wars Collecting and Why Vintage Star Wars will always be Affordable!

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
So, just escaped to the 'Man Cave' (attic) for a beer or two... :wink:

A thought struck me looking at my SWFUK profile. Nearly 8 yrs :eek: joined in Jan 2012.

After getting bitten by the collecting bug again with a focus on completing a full loose set, 'again', I was looking at the loose figures I recently upgraded in the little ones collection.

So after 3 deals over the last week, I've gone from this..
20200116_184700.jpg

To this.....
20200116_185613.jpg

Not revealing any secrets, I sold the top loose bundle on here for £18, hopefully they are going to a good home to be played with or as a starter set :D

The second picture cost me the grand total of €42/£36, in two different purchases. So, £18 to upgrade 10 figures, including 2 complete figures, a lovely clean, Raised Bar China LFB, a number of figures with accessories I required and a great little R5D4 upgrade.

This is why I keep coming back to here and SW collecting. I've been on and off for nearly a decade, but it's such a great outlet and fun hobby I doubt I'll ever fully give it up. I'm never going to be that guy with 2K MOC figures, but I don't mind that. I enjoy the hobby for what it is, when I can.

Vintage Star Wars, will in my eyes, be ever affordable, you just have to enjoy the hunt... 8)

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Great work, couldn't agree more

Collecting for me is all about what makes me smile, rescues and the love of the hobby

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Great words Jeff, its great to collect and admire your collection, I love mine and will continue to collect, i enjoy it and it gives me a buzz when something becomes available to add to it 😎

I find it's a release from the day to day reality, to escape the stresses of work and keeps me out of mischief 😉

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Great work and I agree with you jeff, also great to se you back on the forum my friend. I have missed you and I am sure a lot of the guys on the forum also have missed you and your fantastic threads :D

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Hey Jeff, long time no see, good to see you posting and collecting. You're right, it can be enjoyed on any budget and in any way. I'm liking cardbacks at the moment and dabbling in oddball which is something I said I'd never do. And I still love my loose set and adding to it :)

coomber75

Sith Lord
totally ageee and i live an upgrade also live those times when you get a bundle and one or two are way better than you thought they would be

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom