Collecting cardbacks - guide for beginners?

Paul1976

Padawan
Hi all,

Can anyone point me to a good thread or site on collecting cardbacks and what to look for as a beginner? I'm seeing on eBay and here etc that condition is key by the looks of things, but grateful if any tips etc could be passed on.

I assume most folk are looking for untorn fronts with the coloured panel behind the figure intact with minimal signs of bubble removal? Sliced off bubbles probably best I assume and command a £ premium?

I've seen Jason's palitoy site which is great, but I'm happy with a few ROJ Kenners etc to start. Thus an idea of what to pay would be much appreciated.

Cheers, P.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Paul1976 said:
Hi all,

Can anyone point me to a good thread or site on collecting cardbacks and what to look for as a beginner? I'm seeing on eBay and here etc that condition is key by the looks of things, but grateful if any tips etc could be passed on.

I assume most folk are looking for untorn fronts with the coloured panel behind the figure intact with minimal signs of bubble removal? Sliced off bubbles probably best I assume and command a £ premium?

I've seen Jason's palitoy site which is great, but I'm happy with a few ROJ Kenners etc to start. Thus an idea of what to pay would be much appreciated.

Cheers, P.

If you are looking for the cheapest cardbacks. Then kenner ROTJ cardbacks are most of the time the cheapest to find. sometimes it is cheaper to buy lots and trade or sell the one you have 2 of.

Some collect cardbacks with minimal damage and others take what they can get and upgrade then when they find a better one. I upgrade mine when I get one that is better than the one I have.

I hope it helps.

If you need to get some items valued before you buy them then we have a thread for that here on the forum :wink:

Paul1976

Padawan
That's great thanks Lars, will start off slowly and see how things go. Anywhere list any sort of price guide for these old bits of card?

No doubt will pick a few up at Echo Live or FF this year...

Cheers,
P

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Paul1976 said:
That's great thanks Lars, will start off slowly and see how things go. Anywhere list any sort of price guide for these old bits of card?

Cheers,
P

I have never seen a price guide for cardbacks, only for moc. But maybe other members know about such a guide :wink: but you can always ask for help to value cardbacks on this link https://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=3 :wink:

I have a few cardbacks for sale on forum, if you can use some of them, then let me know ? see this link https://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21348

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Paul1976 said:

Cheers,
P

Jason Smith always has a large selection for sale at FF.
mr_palitoy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom