Missing out/forgetting ****

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I've just had one of those facepalm FFS moments with ebay. I've been looking for a nice Palitoy 20bk cardback for ages. Doing a run, just need a 20 and a 41b or c. Four came up on eBay last week, same seller, watched them all. One was a bit rough, three were well nice. I knew when they were running out, late afternoon today. I've had a busy day today painting a room downstairs and then took my girls out down the park while paint was drying, wife out for a few hours. Came back, done 2nd coat, stuck the rugby on, glass of wine etc. Just had first chance to sit down and properly watch France Wales. Got on my phone and realised I ****ing missed the cardbacks..!!! Totally slipped my mind. Can't convey how ****ed off I am right now. They went for between £10 and £36 which I would've happily paid :| If anyone has had similar numbnuts moments of not setting an alarm or forgetting an auction do share, make me feel better :lol:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I'm sorry that you missed the auctions that you were following, I'm sure that they will crop up again.
I used to do it a fair bit, I've put it down to getting older and not being able to remember what I had for breakfast, but I can remember what I had for my 40th birthday, strange isn't it... :roll:
Nowadays I set an alarm on my phone 10 minutes before the auction end.
When it goes off I sometimes have no idea what it's for :lol: but it does make me think "Now whats that for?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

jayums

Jedi Master
To be honest these days I just bid what I'm prepared to pay anyway, so when I inevitably forget about it, I'm not too bothered if I've missed out. :lol:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Robstyley said:
I've just had one of those facepalm FFS moments with ebay. I've been looking for a nice Palitoy 20bk cardback for ages. Doing a run, just need a 20 and a 41b or c. Four came up on eBay last week, same seller, watched them all. One was a bit rough, three were well nice. I knew when they were running out, late afternoon today. I've had a busy day today painting a room downstairs and then took my girls out down the park while paint was drying, wife out for a few hours. Came back, done 2nd coat, stuck the rugby on, glass of wine etc. Just had first chance to sit down and properly watch France Wales. Got on my phone and realised I ****ing missed the cardbacks..!!! Totally slipped my mind. Can't convey how ****ed off I am right now. They went for between £10 and £36 which I would've happily paid :| If anyone has had similar numbnuts moments of not setting an alarm or forgetting an auction do share, make me feel better :lol:

I've done this loads of times, don't worry about it.

Your priority's are where they should be, the cardbacks will arrive one day. :)

coomber75

Sith Lord
yep me too, but im tye same as jayums whack in my final bid and forget about it, then a jice suprise if i avtually get anything :lol:

Paul1976

Padawan
And I thought it was just me! Conversely, the ones I watch over to the bitter end sell for way too much every time of late. What is it with eBay prices these days?

So that raises a question I've been thinking over, guess like me you don't use sniping software? Plenty of folk do judging by bids in the last 3 seconds. :x

P

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I've set an alarm plenty of times in the past and then bid and won or lost items. I don't know why I didn't this time. I think I just thought it was an important one and I'd remember it :lol: I don't like putting my highest bid in and then forgetting about it, no fun in that. And I don't use any software. I prefer to just be there at the end, see if it's still within my price range and then chuck one bid in with seconds to go. Often it works, sometimes someone wants it more and puts a higher bid in either then or earlier. I'm not really bothered, was just pissed because I would have got one of them but bloody forgot about it!

Alisdairmac

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Robstyley said:

I was also planning on bidding on those and forgot, for some reason I thought I'd wait and see. Usually the best thing I think is to just stick in your highest bid when you see it and then try to forget about it until the auction finishes. I don't really understand what the whole sniping thing is about.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Alisdairmac said:
Robstyley said:

I was also planning on bidding on those and forgot, for some reason I thought I'd wait and see. Usually the best thing I think is to just stick in your highest bid when you see it and then try to forget about it until the auction finishes. I don't really understand what the whole sniping thing is about.

I find if you watch an auction live right until the end you really find out how much you want it and its part of the fun. If you say £50 is your max bid and then with 30 seconds to go you've been outbid by £2 are you really not prepared to pay another £5-£10?

Alisdairmac

Jedi Knight
Supporter
theforceuk said:
Alisdairmac said:
Robstyley said:

I find if you watch an auction live right until the end you really find out how much you want it and its part of the fun. If you say £50 is your max bid and then with 30 seconds to go you've been outbid by £2 are you really not prepared to pay another £5-£10?

Fun/expensive 😂

coomber75

Sith Lord
read this last night... then like a true dumb ass actually did it today saw something this am, put a bid in, then thought.. hmm should add some more as i want it then got on to some diy next thing its 3 mins after its ended and i missed it by 2 quid :roll:

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Read this yesterday and meant to reply then, but forgot... :wink: (I'm only half joking).

Over the past 3-4 years my memory's become terrible - I regularly forget auctions (I did it yesterday) and stuff in general, when I used to be able to organise myself relying completely on my memory. I put it down to age, the general stresses of modern life and the way time seems to go some much faster these days.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom