Generation Skywalker

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Mini99
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Re: Generation Skywalker

Post by Mini99 »

Loving this so far.
Congratulations on putting a great group of knowledgeable collectors together for a new take on Star Wars collecting.
I wish you good luck with the new venture, but also feel that you won’t need it. 8)
Oh, by the way...great logo by one of the best designers I know!
Robstyley
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Robstyley »

Great intro, I think this is going to be interesting!
SublevelStudios
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by SublevelStudios »

Mini99 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:17 pm
You sir, are top of my xmas card list from now on.
Stuart Skinner
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Stuart Skinner »

bLOG pOST.jpg
bLOG pOST.jpg (38.31 KiB) Viewed 797 times
The blog post to accompany the Chinese Bootleg Comic discussion is on the website (link below), massively worth checking out, Craig has researched the area well and his blog post is beautifully written and full of images of what was being discussed on the podcast. Some amazing images, so even if you can't read like @Jez you can still enjoy the images.

https://generationskywalker.com/f/test-blog-post
Stuart Skinner
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Stuart Skinner »

Hot Toys Artwork.jpg
Hot Toys Artwork.jpg (39.28 KiB) Viewed 794 times
New show for the weekend.

Generation Skywalker welcomes their very first ever guest, as Christopher James Leddy, one of the nicest guys in the universe joins Stuart to discuss collecting Hot Toys. A discussion which has since made Stuart order a couple of Hot Toys himself!

The interview follows the golden Generation Skywalker rule, five items that curate your collection, although Christopher was a little loose with the images he supplied as you hear! Chris tells us what Hot Toys are to him and why he collects the line, we discuss his own podcast channel - Sixth Scale Scavengers, and delve into his favourite items from his collection and what he's looking forward to that's coming out later this year.

Enjoy the show!

We are Generation Skywalker!
Robstyley
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Robstyley »

Chilled and listened to the first episode this morning with my collection around me. I have to say it was a great little escapism from all the shit that's going on and I really enjoyed the chat, hearing what you're all up to collecting wise at the moment and getting to know Craig a little bit. Sometimes it's nice to immerse yourself in a world you're familiar with and your discussion has made me reflect today on my own collecting journey, so thanks for that. Keep em' coming :)
SublevelStudios
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Robstyley wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:04 pm
Chilled and listened to the first episode this morning with my collection around me. I have to say it was a great little escapism from all the shit that's going on and I really enjoyed the chat, hearing what you're all up to collecting wise at the moment and getting to know Craig a little bit. Sometimes it's nice to immerse yourself in a world you're familiar with and your discussion has made me reflect today on my own collecting journey, so thanks for that. Keep em' coming :)
Thanks for that Rob :D :D :D
edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Post by edd_jedi »

Listened to the intro show today, nice to hear some familiar voices back on the 'airwaves' and it sounds like Craig will be an invaluable asset to the team. Sounding slick so far, look forward to checking out the first episodes soon.
Robstyley
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Robstyley »

SublevelStudios wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:09 pm
Robstyley wrote:
Thanks for that Rob :D :D :D
Just noticed our post counts Mark..! :lol:
Jez
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Jez »

edd_jedi wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:16 pm
Listened to the intro show today, nice to hear some familiar voices back on the 'airwaves' and it sounds like Craig will be an invaluable asset to the team. Sounding slick so far, look forward to checking out the first episodes soon.
Thanks Edd :)
Robstyley wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:09 pm
Great intro, I think this is going to be interesting!
Robstyley wrote:
Thanks Rob :)
Mini99 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:17 pm
Loving this so far.
Congratulations on putting a great group of knowledgeable collectors (and Jez) together for a new take on Star Wars collecting.
I wish you good luck with the new venture, but also feel that you won’t need it. 8)
Thank you :D I fixed your comment for you :lol:
AndyPreston wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:31 pm
Listened to the introductory episode today, great to hear you all on the airwaves again.

I like the sound of the new venture, something a bit different to whats out there at present. Best of luck with it and I'm looking forward to listening!
Thanks Andy
Darth Bobby wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:04 am
Listened to the introduction episode yesterday, will give the new episode a spin tomorrow. Sounds great.
Thank you :)
x-pack wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:42 pm
Nice 8) Plenty of time on our hands to listen as well
Indeed! Thanks Barry.
mr_palitoy wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:17 pm
Just finished the first Vintage Roundtable. Nice job lads!

:D

Jason
Thanks Jason :D
Cazza wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:12 pm
Enjoyed the first episode and looking forward to the next one + the Youtube vids etc. I like the unique slant you guys are taking 8)
Fantastic, brilliant to see.
Scarifpacific wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:38 am
Just had a listen to the intro. I’m really looking forward to hearing more.
Brilliant
TK-7785 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:20 pm
This is exciting news, Stu! Will be giving this a listen tomorrow. :)
Awesome, I hope that you enjoyed it :)
Robstyley wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:35 am
Nice one Stu, sounds cool. I’ll be checking this out for sure. Wld love to get involved at some point too. That logo’s got Mark written all over it 8)
Mark is a creative Master!
TheJabbaWookie wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:37 pm
Sweet. Can’t wait. Hi I’ll on Monday. :D
Brilliant :D
roundster wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:23 pm
Really enjoyed that guys, great effort!

Looking forward to hearing more and hopefully inputting soon, you need a feature on hamilton plates yes?? :lol:
Definitely need a feature on Hamilton plates!

Lads thank you so much for the positive feedback and comments!

Dam you @Stuart Skinner I was 100% never interested in anything apart from Vintage. However, I've just listened to that bloody interview with Chris Leddy talking about Hot Toys and you've got me looking at stuff online! Dam it!!
bosk70
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by bosk70 »

just finish all three listened to them whilst I was building an a airfix spitfire I bought at a boot sale 5 years ago proper escapism and really interesting in these uncertain times keep it up guys :)
Vintage Star Wars helping me stay sane since 1977
Stuart Skinner
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Stuart Skinner »

Another to keep you all busy, a little modern loving goes a long way.
Facebook.jpg
Facebook.jpg (35.57 KiB) Viewed 721 times
THE MODERN WAY - March 2020

Generation Skywalker introduce the first of their monthly Modern Roundtable shows - The Modern Way.

Daniel Burgess joins Simon, Mark, Craig and Stuart to discuss a few topics that have been in discussion over the last few months. They chat about the sad end to the 5 p.o.a. line, where is best to purchase modern items in the UK, delve into the 5" line before looking at a selection of Mandalorian items that have either been released or announced.

Will Dan allow his child to open some modern figures? Will Mark allow himself to like anything modern? Will Stuart weaken and buy a Hot Toys? Listen in as the team all deal with their own modern issues.

Enjoy the show!

We are Generation Skywalker!
SublevelStudios
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Stuart Skinner wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:20 pm
Will Mark allow himself to like anything modern?
I am so buying that Black Series Probe Droid when it comes out over here :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mini99
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Mini99 »

SublevelStudios wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:00 pm
Stuart Skinner wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:20 pm
Will Mark allow himself to like anything modern?
I am so buying that Black Series Probe Droid when it comes out over here :lol: :lol: :lol:
I agree @SublevelStudios it looks great, I always use Star Action Figures.
The Probe Droid can be pre ordered here if your intrested.

https://www.staractionfigures.co.uk/E7656.html
SublevelStudios
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Brilliant, thanks mate. Cheapest price I've seen so far too - definitely having that!